Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes, bloody iTunes

• 06-09-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

I think thats it, i'm done with iTunes, don't use it all that regularly but 2 of the last 3 albums downloaded have stopped during download and then completed but some songs will not play on my iphone, i've checked for available downloads which have completed but had no effect, it gives no option to re-download. As a result i'll be illegally downloading the album i've purchased so that I can actually get what ive paid for.

Couple that with anytime I open iTunes it takes forever to load, anyone else suffer these issues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭Richard571

I had the same downloading issues but got in contact with apple and they let me download again worked fine. Agree with iTunes though; takes for ever to open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Yell0 Man wrote: »
    Couple that with anytime I open iTunes it takes forever to load, anyone else suffer these issues?

Nope. My iTunes opens up in a second and never has any issues with loading songs or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

How can a company of Apple's wealth and ability produce a piece of dog **** like iTunes?

With every version it becomes less intuitive, less user friendly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I've been using iTunes on the Mac since v1.0 and never had any issues. I've used it on Windows as well and I really don't understand what people's problem is with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

I'm very with it IT wise and I find Itunes is just OK to use.

Hiding the menu bar on install - what were they thinking?
    I navigate around while a song is playing, I think i will as that one to a play list. Where is it ..... The one Im playing now.
    Oh it's crashed again on a win 7 i5 laptop with 4 gigs of ram.
    It takes a good while to load as well.

I will soilder on but hopefully they will plough their profits into making it better as I hear the musicians are making FA out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

worded wrote: »
    I'm very with it IT wise and I find Itunes is just OK to use.

Hiding the menu bar on install - what were they thinking?
    I navigate around while a song is playing, I think i will as that one to a play list. Where is it ..... The one Im playing now.
    Oh it's crashed again on a win 7 i5 laptop with 4 gigs of ram.
    It takes a good while to load as well.

I will soilder on but hopefully they will plough their profits into making it better as I hear the musicians are making FA out of it.

I don't find it very user friendly either. Due to apple's share in the smartphone and music markets they should really be making it alot easier to use as not everyone that wants to listen to music or keep their phone updated is as technically minded as an apple engineer.

The artist makes very little from iTunes. Apple get about 30% of the money, the record get over 50% and the artist gets around 5-10% depending on their agreement with their record company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

aido79 wrote: »
    The artist makes very little from iTunes. Apple get about 70% of the money and the artist gets around 5-10% depending on their agreement with their record company.

It's not just iTunes. All online music, whether it's streaming like Spotify or purchasing like iTunes or Amazon, pays very little to the artist. Don't single out Apple here.

On a usability note, yeah , iTunes can be slow. It started as a music player and has grown into this behemoth of a hub for iPods, iPhones, iPads, syncing photos, syncing apps, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they take all that out of iTunes into a new syncing app in the next few years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple gets 30 percent, not 70.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I've been using iTunes on the Mac since v1.0 and never had any issues. I've used it on Windows as well and I really don't understand what people's problem is with it.

It runs very well on OS X but I have to admit than when using it on my girlfriends Windows laptop it's very sluggish and has issues with iPhone syncing as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭funt cucker

Never liked iTunes, it's always been a painful experience, every time I sync, all my daughters music transfers to my phone, even when I have my own folders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Agreed it works better on a mac.

Itunes was pretty good but the last few 'updates' have really turned me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

iTunes runs like a dream on Mac, but it's absolutely painful to use on PC.

Apple never bothered to optimize it properly for Windows and it can be awful to use, very slow and prone to freezing.

Let's be honest, these days there's no need for a major company like Apple to make such a bad software.

Then again people, anyone who thinks iTunes is bad should give Samsung Kies a shot. That's a fresh dose of hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭funt cucker

Sonics2k wrote: »
    iTunes runs like a dream on Mac, but it's absolutely painful to use on PC.

Apple never bothered to optimize it properly for Windows and it can be awful to use, very slow and prone to freezing.

Let's be honest, these days there's no need for a major company like Apple to make such a bad software.

Then again people, anyone who thinks iTunes is bad should give Samsung Kies a shot. That's a fresh dose of hell.

100% agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Apple's whole mantra is that it just works.

I've had to show a few people how to navigate the latest version of iTunes whilst I'd a pile of weird syncing problems with iTunes after I had to restore my phone a few weeks ago.

And had been mentioned, performance on the windows version is poorer than the Mac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I've actively avoided iTunes the last few years I have a massive years old music library mostly of my own making it had so many duplicates in it but iTunes makes it no easier to support. It never synced entire albums properly even when purchased from iTunes. Deleted half my contacts regularly or half the information from all my contacts. It's at least part of the reason I don't use an iPhone anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mr big boy

Google Play all the way

Advertisement