Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€7606 for fees? how?

• 06-09-2013 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I did one year of a level 7 course and didn't return due to health reasons. I have got nursing but I have to pay €7606 fees, why is this and is there anything I can do .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭bennyineire

My understanding was that you had a second chance so long as you choose a different course, but maybe that was changed in the last budget

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭December2013

thanks for the reply :) Knowing my luck it probably has. Im so upset over this. Do you know of any way around this.
    Do you think they are charging me that because they think I have a level 7 qualification or its because I dropped out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

I could be wrong but as far as I know if you had your fees paid for the first year of your level 7 then you are liable for first year fees if you go back. The second chance is only applicable if it has been 5 years or more since you left the level 7 course.

I'm not 100% about this so you would need to check into it but I think that is how it's done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You can only get your fees paid for twice for each year. Once the first time you go to college and if you do not complete your degree you can get each year paid for a second time a minimum of 5 years later. There is no way around it, although if you get a grant it should cover most of the 7K.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭December2013

Thanks for the replys. From what I'm reading it seems you are correct, I will have to pay the fees for year 1. Can you get a grant though.? I did the last time.
    I might try & appeal due to what happened me that year. Il say it to the fees office anywho :).
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Definitely try and sort this out with the fees office. Explain your situation and hope for the best.

Advertisement