Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

calling eircom - have a look at your vehicle driver's driving habit

Options
  • 06-09-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

as seen in the attached photo, the driver of this Eircom vehicle cut me off while cycling on the cycle path along North Circular road approaching the stop light on Summerhill street. When I checked on him, he was busy texting, paying no concern to the traffic around him.

calling Eircom!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 reach for the stars

ejbenz wrote: »
    as seen in the attached photo, the driver of this Eircom vehicle cut me off while cycling on the cycle path along North Circular road approaching the stop light on Summerhill street. When I checked on him, he was busy texting, paying no concern to the traffic around him.

calling Eircom!
    Doesnt seem to bother you that your using your phone for photographs on your bike in the middle of the road 

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ejbenz

calling Eircom!
    Doesnt seem to bother you that your using your phone for photographs on your bike in the middle of the road 
    ? luckily i have my phone to take this photo at the stop light where the guy blocked my cycle path, a clear example of bad behavior, arrogance and maybe ignorance of the rules of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cots11

Looking at the photo, indicator is on and the vehicle is turning left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

calling Eircom!

Hi ejbenz

Apologies for the upset this has caused. I'll raise this to operations.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ejbenz

cots11 wrote: »
    if you look at the photo again: 

1. we were at the stop light, about 2 cars away from the front, 
    2. the Eircom vehicle was straddling the whole width of the cycle path, and i don't have to tell you that cycle path are for cyclists, not for Eircom vehicles,
    3. the Eircom vehicle is blocking my way to the ASL box for cyclists,
    4. the Eircom vehicle did not even bothered to move to the left lane for 4-wheel vehicles turning left
    5. when i moved forward between the 2 vehicles in front of me while traffic was on standstill at the stop light to check on the driver, he was busy texting, oblivious to the world around him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

cots11 wrote: »
    if you look at the photo again: 

1. we were at the stop light, about 2 cars away from the front, 
    2. the Eircom vehicle was straddling the whole width of the cycle path, and i don't have to tell you that cycle path are for cyclists, not for Eircom vehicles,
    3. the Eircom vehicle is blocking my way to the ASL box for cyclists,
    4. the Eircom vehicle did not even bothered to move to the left lane for 4-wheel vehicles turning left
    5. when i moved forward between the 2 vehicles in front of me while traffic was on standstill at the stop light to check on the driver, he was busy texting, oblivious to the world around him.
    Hi ejbenz

I can see this. I've sent this on and highlighted this to operations. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Al

Advertisement