Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BHS PTT

Options
  • 06-09-2013 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi everyone, I'm doing my PTT with the BHS in the next few weeks and I was wondering does anyone have any tips on how to fill out the lesson plans?

also any general tips for the day of the exam would be appreciated ! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Hey!

I've never done the PTT myself but have ridden for several so hope a few things I picked up might help you!

- make sure your lesson plans aren't too long or that you can adjust them easily if you have less time than you think. Anyone who has taught me in these has ran out of time and I've seen it happen where they're running late so tell students they only have, say 25minutes, whereby people panic because they can't fit in their whole lesson.

- make sure you check tack over really carefully, they won't miss anything! And if you riders aren't wearing gloves make sure to offer them some, one examiner was really hung up on this

- especially in jump lessons make sure your warm up is relevant and it's not just a case of walk, trot, canter and a quick pop at the end. This way at least if you DO run short on time the examiner will see what you were working towards and that at least your warm up was relevant and preparing your riders.

Hope this helps, sorry I can't offer advice on lesson plans.
    Best of luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AMCTPC

Thank you very much !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

AMCTPC

I have had a look at the lesson plan sheet. What are you having a problem with and I'll try my best. They are very like the plans that are being used for the Coaching ladder here.

Do you have to have filled out these for lessons you have done before the big day. Its very much about trusting yourself to write down what you do automatically.

Pick a lesson topic and run through what you would do and write it down .
    Just try something simple like Turns and Circles.
    Aim of which is to improve the riders ability to ride correct and accurate turns and circles.
    So what do you need . Enclosed area, markers and a few poles.

Now see what you can do from there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AMCTPC

Hi Esroh,
    The problem I had with them was the wording and trying not to put too much in the one lesson.
    You have to have them printed before the exam and they pick either a flat or jump lesson and then a lunge or lead rein lesson.

Thank you for the help !
    AMCTPC
    :)

Advertisement