Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car rental in Limerick

• 07-09-2013 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hello guys,

I have some friends coming over from abroad and I plan to rent a car for about 10 days (i dun have my own, though I have an international license)

any recommended car rental companies?

personal experiences welcome..

and also.. why would automatic transmission cars be more expensive than manual? havent driven manual for so long..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try Enterprise Car Rental, they are based next to Musgrave's Cash n Carry on Park Road. Always found them the cheapest.

Automatics are more expensive than manuals because of simple supply and demand. Car rental companies have less automatic cars on their fleets over manual cars, it's only during the holiday/tourist season that automatics are in demand so there is a rental premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have used Avis before (they are located in Shannon Airport though) been the cheapest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Get on Skyscanner.net and check the prices. Booked my own car after finding price through that site.

Don't think they check enterprise though. Have rented from them in Limerick many times and they will collect you as well and bring you the depot and drop you back somewhere(within reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jongaz

Just to update you guys..

I rented a large chevloret epica (2.0L) automatic for 2 weeks full and paid 440 euros which includes full insurance. IF i get into an accident, i am liable for upto 200 euros only and the rest is covered.

I am not sure as to if i can put the link for the car rental company, so, if you need contact details please pm me.

Advertisement