Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming build for €1600, with some questions...

Options
  • 07-09-2013 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I hope you wont mind helping me with my build. I have not built from ground up before, but am looking forward to the challenge. :eek:

I have a few questions. Firstly I want to apologise if this is not the right way to post multiple questions. :o

A. The format which you guys suggest builds is great. My question is, are there additional materials required to complete the build (cables, special tools etc.) or will this all be included with the hardware?

B. I don't know wither to go for an 1080 or 1440 build. A 1440 build would be great, but does this sacrifice other areas of the build?

Below is my build spec, provided in the interest of context:

1. What is your budget? [€1600] I am not interested in fancy cases, but good old efficiency.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Primarily Gaming (New COD, Elder scrolls, Total war), but also Video editing (Sony Vegas) & Photo editing (Photoshop).

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes (Please refer to question 'B' above)

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard/Mouse/Speakers <- yes to all

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? As soon as reasonably possible

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Westport, Mayo.
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement