Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Bump a local Kerry business' thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Manor barbers over by McDonalds.
    The owner is a gentleman who provides an excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Rays loaded lunches in Tralee. Never fails to impress!
    Nyom!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

McGuires butchers in the square + Caherslee, great all round service and will do anything for you and good value for local produce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I visit Killarney most summers and I have to say the Beaufort bar and restaurant offers excellent food and service it really is a little gem and I would highly recommend it to anybody visiting Killarney. And the pint is one of the best around.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Just had a party for the little prince in The Playdium, great staff and service, many thanks to Peter and the crew.
    2 thumbs up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

bumping my own business here (hope thats ok)

Just set up a new business, Stayin Alive, to provide First Aid training for everyone (men, women, children, business).
    We currently do Cardiac First Response (6 hour course) which will teach CPR, how to use the defibrillator (AED), Stroke recognition, and how to recognise & help choking. This is a PHECC certified course.

Courses Coming Soon (late summer):
    Occupational First Aid - 28hr course - Great course for the workplace. Learn patient assessment, respiratory emergencies, cardiac first response, wounds & bleeding, altered level of consciousness, musculoskeletal injuries, burns & scalds.

Manual Handling - 4 hr course - FETAC certified - Learn the main components of relevant manual handling health and safety legislation, the spinal column, main risk factors for back injuries related to manual handling, the concepts of ergonomics in relation to manual handling, the range of controls to avoid and reduce the risk of manual handling injuries, etc .

Prices for courses not fixed yet, but we promise to be VERY competitive!

See our website for details
    RErjwTh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I was in the Stonehouse restaurant in the Square,Tralee for the first time on the June bank holiday weekend. Very reasonably priced early bird with great choices (unlike some restrictive early bird menus), excellent, efficient and friendly service, great quality food (the dishes were presented so beautifully that my mother even took photos of them before we started...she's one of those!! :rolleyes:). We all really enjoyed it and the decor/ambience of the place is very cosy and relaxing. It's one of those restaurants where you definitely think, I'm coming back here again!

PS...The little smoking area out the back that also turns into an outdoor dining area on warm evenings is a little gem!

Highly recommended!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Can think of a few in Tralee Christys Home Bakery in the Tralee Shopping Center and in Manor. Top class goods and service!

BTS fitness in Manor. Great for programs, weight loss etc

B-Mobile just off the square. Everything you need for your phone. Also TicketMaster outlet!

Tralee Furniture in the Mile Hight. Huge range of stuff and great value

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Homebase Killarney!

One particular staff member in there today could not do enough for my Mom & I and it was hugely appreciated :)
    Not sure if naming the staff member involved would be suitable, but
    ~ she looked up the product stock for us
    ~ she rang another Homebase in Limerick for us
    &
    ~ this afternoon she rang me back about a paint product twice as I missed the first call.

Wonderful Customer Service,
    With Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Just to update this:
    The store manager in Limerick ensured our paint was put on their delivery truck for us and I received a call & voice-mail to tell me what we had asked for was delivered into Killarney for us.

Just Wonderful!
    Many Thanks Again,
    kerry4sam

I know this is 'Bump a Business' but this Thanks goes to the Drivers of local businesses!
    This is a very busy period for all businesses and especially the delivery drivers who have deadlines to meet...

Well, numerous time this week & last delivery drivers of numerous businesses have been more than courteous on the roads, allowing me right of way when they had it; allowing me merge with traffic by stopping all behind them, which they didn't have to do;

Thanking all those drivers,
    Safe Driving to All,
    Busy Busy on our roads over the next few weeks,
    I'll repay the kindness shown to me +some,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I know this is 'Bump a Business' but this Thanks goes to the Drivers of local businesses!
    This is a very busy period for all businesses and especially the delivery drivers who have deadlines to meet...

Well, numerous time this week & last delivery drivers of numerous businesses have been more than courteous on the roads, allowing me right of way when they had it; allowing me merge with traffic by stopping all behind them, which they didn't have to do;

Thanking all those drivers,
    Safe Driving to All,
    Busy Busy on our roads over the next few weeks,
    I'll repay the kindness shown to me +some,
    kerry4sam

its a pity the general public don't show the same courtesy! I did leave out a few cars today while I did a delivery though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

A new fitness started a few weeks ago in The Quality Hotel in Killarney, known as Hotel Killarney now :rolleyes: Anyway, the course is being run by two local lads Stephen Hayes and Peter McCarthy, calling their little company HayMac Fitness. I've been going for about 4 weeks now and am definitely noticing a huge difference. The lads druve you on too if you slow up so you get the max out of yourself in every clasd. €7 a class on Mondays and Fridays at 7.30. This has nothing to do with the hotel as they charge the lads rent.

I will admit I am good friends with Stephen but everything I have said is genuine.

Edit, they're circuit classes for strength and conditioning. Check HayMac Fitness on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

I would like to mention the great service in Soundstore this afternoon

Always a pleasure visiting the store. Thank you Norman for your advice and assistance.

Happy customer.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Uh oh, I could be forever writing in this thread but ill keep it short.

Dream Chinese in Killorglin have some of the nicest staff i've ever come across. Also they often give free side dishes when you take away like chicken wings or fried rice.

Towers hotel in Glenbeigh have exceptional staff and really make you feel at home. Same could be said for a lot of places in south kerry but I love popping in for a soup and a pint after a windy day at Rossbeigh.

Ti Koz crepe restaurant in Dingle is run by an adorable French couple from Brittany who take good care of us whenever we head out there. The Breton cider in there is some of the nicest cider youll taste too. And the food! goodness gracious me, a really filling lunch for around 4 euro in Dingle! They also sometimes have their family over to play some traditional Breton celtic music.

Finally a nod to O'Sullivans the Mall in Tralee. Used to go there often for Lunch when I lived in Tralee and they have a really special business going with the bakery in the front and the carvery lunch at the back. Great bunch and a great place to watch Rugby.

Dingle Diner.

Had lunch today in above restaurant.

Great food & service with a smile.

Extensive menu including wine.

Nice building, great décor.

This is an upmarket diner.

Highly recommend a visit

Www.dinglediner.com

Soly Sambro Restaurant, Killorglin Co. Kerry

I forgot to mention this wonderful restaueant which I visited at least 5 times last Summer.

Wonderful Tappas menu, great selection of wines.

The surroundings are amazing, the Old COI parish Church in Killorgli.

Try it out, you won't be disappointed

Enjoy
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I got a sandwich in A Taste Of Italy today. It's in Edward st. Tralee next to the post office. It's absolutely superb. The bread is freshly baked in the shop, he has a big range of cured meats which he slices for your sandwich at the counter. Big selection of cheese/olive oil/ vinegar etc. He also does pizzas, salads and Italian baked deserts. Can't recommend it highly enough. It's become surprisingly hard to get a nice take-away sandwich in town at the moment apart from Kingdom foods and maybe the daily grind.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I got a sandwich in A Taste Of Italy today. It's in Edward st. Tralee next to the post office. It's absolutely superb. The bread is freshly baked in the shop, he has a big range of cured meats which he slices for your sandwich at the counter. Big selection of cheese/olive oil/ vinegar etc. He also does pizzas, salads and Italian baked deserts. Can't recommend it highly enough. It's become surprisingly hard to get a nice take-away sandwich in town at the moment apart from Kingdom foods and maybe the daily grind.

I didn't realise they were doing sandwiches in there now, nor did I know they make their own bread! Good to know! As you said, there isn't a great selection of places to get a take-away lunch/sandwich in town...unless you like Subway, which I do not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Can a mod correct the spelling in the thread title, please. I know it's a small thing but it irks me greatly.

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Can a mod correct the spelling in the thread title, please. I know it's a small thing but it irks me greatly.

done! I hadn't even noticed it till now, weirdly as I'm usually the one that gets irritated by spelling mistakes! lol:D

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    done! I hadn't even noticed it till now, weirdly as I'm usually the one that gets irritated by spelling mistakes! lol:D

Best. Mod. Ever.

Thank you

Vodafone Killarney : Spoke with Kieran and asked about 20-questions this morning, wonderful Customer Service and
    In-store then bought from Rachel who was just brilliant. I knew from talking with Kieran what phone I wanted, but she set it up; even-though I 'lost' all contacts from previous phone sim and thought OMG, she found a solution for retrieving them again for me.

Just Amazing; solid Customer Service by these guys in Vodafone Killarney. I normally go to Vodafone in Tralee for their Outstanding Customer Service through the years, but thought I'm just going to give Killarney a chance, and glad that I did tbh.

Many Thanks to Vodafone Killarney,
    kerry4sam

Okay you know what today I am giving my thumbs up to Jaspers & the Chateaux!
    Always a smile on entering both; always a friendly chat; always perfect service; just lovely walking into pure local businesses like these :)

Okay you know what today I am giving my thumbs up to Jaspers & the Chateaux!
    Always a smile on entering both; always a friendly chat; always perfect service; just lovely walking into pure local businesses like these :)

+1 for the chateau. Their all day breakfast has served me well many a time the day after the night before.

Where and what is jaspers?

dobman88 wrote: »
    +1 for the chateau. Their all day breakfast has served me well many a time the day after the night before.

Where and what is jaspers?

:eek: A Café that opened late last-year. Alongside the Chateaux, well it's on the other-side of the Charity Shop (that's near the Chateaux by the ATM) nearer the junction.
    Try the Hot Chocolate! oh & the Cupcakes! oh & the brownies! & oh and the coffee mmmmmm
    Maybe not all on the one day though ;)

:eek: A Café that opened late last-year. Alongside the Chateaux, well it's on the other-side of the Charity Shop (that's near the Chateaux by the ATM) nearer the junction.
    Try the Hot Chocolate! oh & the Cupcakes! oh & the brownies! & oh and the coffee mmmmmm
    Maybe not all on the one day though ;)

Haha. I take it you like it then, lol. I actually walk past that place twice a day cos I live across the road but never looked at the name. I used to love the buns in the place that was there before. Will check it out on your say so, no pressure :)

This is a post to bump one local business and avoid another.

Highly recommend Galvins Tyre centre across from the Aura leisure centre in Killarney. My car failed nct on tracking and took it to the lads and they did it straight away. Only cost €30. Fantastic service. I think the boss is called Denis.

Avoid <snip> tyre shop at the top of Ross Road. I got my car tracked there first and it failed the nct after he did it! I was not happy!

dobman88 wrote: »
    This is a post to bump one local business and avoid another.

Highly recommend Galvins Tyre centre across from the Aura leisure centre in Killarney. My car failed nct on tracking and took it to the lads and they did it straight away. Only cost €30. Fantastic service. I think the boss is called Denis.

Avoid <snip> tyre shop at the top of Ross Road. I got my car tracked there first and it failed the nct after he did it! I was not happy!

O'Sheas at the top of High st are very good too! They never push you to buy the most expensive brand, just tell how equivalent the 'cheaper' brand is to the 'better' brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

A few years back I saw Cunningham's garage in Clash recommended on here. They've looked after everyone in my family since then, their service is brilliant and they are great to deal with. They are always honest and straight up with any costs, I'll be getting a new car soon enough and I'll end up getting it from them.

• Advertisement

A few years back I saw Cunningham's garage in Clash recommended on here. They've looked after everyone in my family since then, their service is brilliant and they are great to deal with. They are always honest and straight up with any costs, I'll be getting a new car soon enough and I'll end up getting it from them.

I used them when I had my own car a few years ago & they are lovely to deal with.

My father also recently recommended DJ Fitzgerald up in Rathass. He said they did a lot of work on his car a few months ago and they were really good value for what should have cost him a fortune!

Advertisement