Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Bump a local Kerry business' thread!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

dobman88 wrote: »
    This is a post to bump one local business and avoid another.

Highly recommend Galvins Tyre centre across from the Aura leisure centre in Killarney. My car failed nct on tracking and took it to the lads and they did it straight away. Only cost €30. Fantastic service. I think the boss is called Denis.

Avoid <snip> tyre shop at the top of Ross Road. I got my car tracked there first and it failed the nct after he did it! I was not happy!
    This is BS, what you should have done is taken it back to the first garage and given them the chance to rectify the situation, before you go bad mouthing them to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

This is BS, what you should have done is taken it back to the first garage and given them the chance to rectify the situation, before you go bad mouthing them to everyone.

I did. I took to time off work especially to meet the guy. He actually gave me a discount the first time so when I said it wasn't right he started laughing and said. Ah sure I gave ya a discount, half the price half the job.

I didn't return after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

I did. I took to time off work especially to meet the guy. He actually gave me a discount the first time so when I said it wasn't right he started laughing and said. Ah sure I gave ya a discount, half the price half the job.

I didn't return after that.
    Fair enough, but you "conveniently" failed to mention that in your OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I'd like to praise the delivery dudes esp DHL & Fastway Delivery Drivers. They have always gone that extra mile with deliveries imo.

Just think the local delivery dudes are Wonderful,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

A few week ago I posted a Thread looking for a Fireplace fitter who could work with Slate or Basalt Fireplaces. Regretfully I did not receive any reply but I found one.
    I really have to recommend Eddie O'Neill for the fitting of any fireplace. The diligence, tidiness and workmanship is second to none.
    If anyone wants his contact details send pm

Newman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Chef Gerard's deli is a gem of a place. His food is superb, the quality is miles better than anything on offer locally. It's not expensive considering the quality and he's an absolute gentleman. Signs on, I've never been the only customer in there. I wish this business every success into the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Radio5

O'Connors Newsagents at Beech Road, Killarney. Huge range of newspapers, cards and mags and very helpful to visitors who were staying with me lately, and looking for a particular item in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Had Lunch there yesterday it was really good! Spicy lamb burger was pretty amazing, place is looking very nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I moved house recently and used kerry removals and found them superb. They supplied all the boxes well in advance and on the day had everything moved and unloaded in the new house in less than 2.5 hours. Superb service.

We also used abc cleaning to clean the new house before moving in and I couldn't fault them. Everything is spotless and they are extremely thorough.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    :eek: A Café that opened late last-year. Alongside the Chateaux, well it's on the other-side of the Charity Shop (that's near the Chateaux by the ATM) nearer the junction.
    Try the Hot Chocolate! oh & the Cupcakes! oh & the brownies! & oh and the coffee mmmmmm
    Maybe not all on the one day though ;)

Walked down yesterday for a hot chocolate and a cookie. Place is closed down. Completely empty in there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I know they've been given a bit of stick here recently but I got Kerry broadband installed in my home as internet over a landline wasn't an option. They told me that due to my location they couldn't hook me up to their new mast near the dump but they would try to connect me to the old Slieve Mish mast even though they weren't sure that I would get any speed from it. The engineer came out within a week and did a very tidy installation. I'm getting nearly 13mbps off peak and 3 - 5 mbps during peak times which is pretty good considering my location. I never had an issue contacting them with any queries and I would recommend them from my experience with them.

Pachamama Tattoo Artist. I had two tattoos previous, with one done here by him.
    Very recently he transformed one and we created a Beautiful Personal Tattoo for my Late Loving Dad :)
    &
    I also designed my own tattoo which he then also done for me to signify/mark my Journey here.

He is just a pure Artist, Patient, Creative, Wonderful at his work. They organised the first, the second, and now again the third Tattoo Convention in Killarney also.

More than Delighted to Recommend,
    kerry4sam

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Pachamama Tattoo Artist. I had two tattoos previous, with one done here by him.
    Very recently he transformed one and we created a Beautiful Personal Tattoo for my Late Loving Dad :)
    &
    I also designed my own tattoo which he then also done for me to signify/mark my Journey here.

He is just a pure Artist, Patient, Creative, Wonderful at his work. They organised the first, the second, and now again the third Tattoo Convention in Killarney also.

More than Delighted to Recommend,
    kerry4sam

where is he based? my husband has been looking to find a good tattoo artist.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    where is he based? my husband has been looking to find a good tattoo artist.

On College Street, Killarney :) Just at the roundabout by Caseys corner, alongside Arbutus Hotel, opposite the Dungeon bookshop.

A bump for the Meteor shop in Killarney. And Seamus, the guy working there.

My contract with Vodafone is up in a few weeks and I want to leave them and get a new phone. Found one I liked. Priced at €120 in Carphone Warehouse, €139 in Vodafone, €99 with 3 and €119 with meteor. I told Seamus I'd rather go with meteor over 3 but could he match the €99 price they offered. He agreed to give me the deal straight away.

He then asked me if they had the €99 price displayed and I showed him the picture I took of it in the 3 store. He said to come back to him when my contract is up with VF and he'll sort everything out for me like a sim card etc for free.

A happy start to life as a meteor customer.

Today's bump goes to Killarney Motor Factors on New Street, across the road from Ulster Bank. I didn't get the man's name.

I know diddly squat about cars and needed new windscreen wipers. Went in. Told him I knew nothing. He went out to the car. Took off the wipers. Got me a pair the same size and came back out to fit them for me. A two second job for him but an unbelievable help for me cos I haven't a clue. Fantastic service from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

newman10 wrote: »
    Hi Kerry4Sam

Thanks for the accolade. Claire and the staff will be delighted.

Deenach is much more than a business, it is also a Education centre for adults with DS and would not survive without the support that we get from Kerry people.
    The difference that it has made cannot be measured in Euro.

Newman

A kind lady took me there once years ago and i had no hesitation taking visitors from the US there for an excellent lunch a while later. the lemon tart is exquisite.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

If anyone needs a locksmith I would recommend Larry & Kenneth O'Keeffe. They are a pleasure to deal with!

Just back from getting two new tyres and car tracked. Got it all done while I waited. About 20 minutes from the time I pulled up. A friendly bunch of lads too and only €100 for the lot.

http://www.killarneytyrecentre.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Just back from getting two new tyres and car tracked. Got it all done while I waited. About 20 minutes from the time I pulled up. A friendly bunch of lads too and only €100 for the lot.

http://www.killarneytyrecentre.com/

I agree, these guys are great. Went to get a new tyre and they gave a new indicator bulb for free. Very friendly and there is a waiting room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ishotjr2

Adventure Ireland in Dingle
    http://www.irishadventures.net/kayaking/activitiesseakayakingdinglecanoekerryireland.html

Went out with 2 friends on Saturday in the Kayak, had a great time, lovely way to spend a few hours.

100% professional, friendly, OK facilities. I was sick a seeing the Dolphin by the time end of it.

Advertisement