Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie rockets is no more....

Options
  • 07-09-2013 7:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

He's now called rockin joes! Since yesterday. AW boo I like Eddie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Hadn't heard about this, was planning on going to the Wellpark one today.

Looking at What'sForDinner, the menu doesn't seem that different.

Is this a nationwide thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Was over priced rubbish anyway. I thought the only decent thing in there was the malt milkshake. The place was always a tad grubby,chips were soft and the burgers too expensive. Good riddance I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

thought the burgars were nice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

Way overpriced,a whopper is better and cheap on a Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

so is rockin joes essentially eddie rockets? is the menu the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

According to galwayguy2005 in another thread:
    wrote:
    Menu is exact same for now but there planning on putting there own touch on it. Just pulled from the franchise

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056961961&page=10

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

Tsipras wrote: »
    Way overpriced,a whopper is better and cheap on a Wednesday!

Honestly if you want to compare quality, Whopper is dogfood compared to Eddie Rockets... Have to compare like with like...

I would prefer Eddies to Scottys but they would be closer...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was in Wellpark today, same thing as always. Nothing had changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

That place was a rip off anyway.
    28 euro for damn all. And it was a kip
    Never again. Good Riddance to it!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Tis the same thing nationwide, I guess theres a few here and there still in the franchise ? Food was the same when I went into Cork, but I guess they are working there way through the freezer stocks, real test will be in a few months..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

CowboyTed wrote: »
    Honestly if you want to compare quality, Whopper is dogfood compared to Eddie Rockets... Have to compare like with like...

I would prefer Eddies to Scottys but they would be closer...

They both serve burgers and fries...neither serve particularly good burgers in my experience, certainly wouldn't compare either to dog food, but I've never eaten the stuff so wouldn't be an authority on it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭AllCaps

I wouldn't be too upset to see it go altogether tbh, it's horrible :S

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

do they still have malt milshakes?

DO THEY STILL HAVE MALT MILKSHAKES!!??

As I said earlier, I was in Wellpark today and not a single thing had changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

They both serve burgers and fries...neither serve particularly good burgers in my experience, certainly wouldn't compare either to dog food, but I've never eaten the stuff so wouldn't be an authority on it :P

So, have you eaten the burgers or not?

I recently had a burger in The Cellar. It was damn good but damn expensive. I will be having it again...!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I went there tonight before the cinema. Only noticeable difference is the big circular Eddie Rockets sign is gone and there are new menus (with the same stuff, just new branding).

The malt shakes are safe.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Paddyfield wrote: »
    So, have you eaten the burgers or not?

Stuff=dog food.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

Stuff=dog food.

How often do you eat dog food?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

Ludikrus wrote: »

Never. Ok got it. Confusing though.
    Going to put my phone away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

I think the burgers and chips are really nice... I go in there for the student deal with a friend as I know I'm gonna come out of there actually full and not the pretend full from McDonalds which is really just shame because you don't want to be seen to be getting another burger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

Darn.... Needs a new nickname now.. Can't use "Empty Pockets" anymore!!

Suitable suggestions welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Is the student offer still there? It disappeared (understandably) for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Hopefully it remains the same, really like Eddie's. It used to be very dear but there's a lot more deals there now. The burgers are always tasty, nice occasional treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

pounder770 wrote: »
    Darn.... Needs a new nickname now.. Can't use "Empty Pockets" anymore!!

Suitable suggestions welcome!

Rockin' joe's - lackin' Dough $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Tuna melt and Oreo milkshake - sweet

Odd that neither www.eddierockets.ie nor www.facebook.com/eddierockets mentions this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

So, just to clarify, is it just the Eglinton Street restaurant or the entire company that's been affected?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

So, just to clarify, is it just the Eglinton Street restaurant or the entire company that's been affected?

According to good ole reliable wikipedia, they're all just gradually re-branding as rockin' joes..but conveniently that section in the page has no citation..who do we believe!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

For the purposes of market research i'll have to pass by later and see if the student offer is still on :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Ludikrus wrote: »

I have eaten dog food (for science) and it actually tastes quite bland. LIDL Orlando Chunks are quite vile with a metallicky tang I didn't care for. Pedigree Chum was the most expensive version I ate and its not unlike unsalted tinned corned beef but it leaves a very greasy feel on the roof of your mouth. I found that I preferred the dry/complete dog foods like Winalot or Red Mills Leader but couldn't eat it at the same rate as a dog due to my weaker jaws.

On balance I would choose any fast food over any dog food - cheapest burger > dearest dog food. I would not eat at Eddie/Joe Smokie Rockets or whatever but I occasionally eat a Big Mac and can categorically state that it is nothing like dog food.

<EDIT> It is worth noting that you shouldn't eat dog food, even if you are hungry due to the slim but distinct possibility of getting new variant CjD or other unknown prion infection. I am part dog so its ok for me.

'cpt

Advertisement