Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie rockets is no more....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

ye need a Bobos in Galway lads

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

Eeden wrote: »
    According to galwayguy2005 in another thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056961961&page=10

There - they're - their

ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

was talking to someone that used to work there. I think one guy has the franchise of Eddie rockets in the West/south. He is giving up the franchise but keeping the restaurants open under the new name Rockin joes. no effect on staff or food as far as it seems. Franchise costs just kept going up with no greater return

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

From Wikipedia:

In September 2013 a process of rebranding all Eddie Rocket's restaurants to the "Rockin' Joe's" name commenced. This is being carried out on a gradual basis and although the 1950's theme and food served remained the same, many of the dishes on the menu were also re-named. For example, the popular "M50" beef burger is now known as the "Route 66". Among the first outlets to be rebranded were the Cork City and Galway restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Kinda cute approach to marketing: update ya page on Wikipedia, rip out the existing signs, pop up a few new menus, and and get people on boards.ie to talk about you and refer to Wikipedia as a source.

Sure'n who needs to waste time on websites or time on Facebook pages.

:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Just came here to post that ^^

Just for balance a friend of mine obtained vicious food poisoning from Eddie Rockets chicken wings once, true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jumong

He's now called rockin joes! Since yesterday. AW boo I like Eddie

Rockin Joes ( formally Eddie Rockets across the Midwest , West & Southwest ) is no longer operating under the Eddie Rockets Group franchise .
    A new menu is in place & we are happy to announce our very popular Student Special Deal will continue .
    We will continue to offer an extensive diner themed menu & welcome all customers old & new to experience our signature dishes & some tasty new delights
    We have a Facebook page up & running where more information will be posted over the coming period .
    Joe .

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Jumong, as you are posting on behalf of a company I have to ask you to refrain from posting any further until you have obtained a verified rep account from the guys in the office. They can be contacted at reps@boards.ie

Please note that further posts without having first obtained a verified rep account will result in a siteban.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Administrator Zaph is on the ball :D

Hi
    I have contacted your email address to have my comments & status verified .

Regards
    Jumong
    On behalf of Rockin Joes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Jumong wrote: »
    Rockin Joes ( formally Eddie Rockets across the Midwest , West & Southwest ) is no longer operating under the Eddie Rockets Group franchise .
    A new menu is in place & we are happy to announce our very popular Student Special Deal will continue .
    We will continue to offer an extensive diner themed menu & welcome all customers old & new to experience our signature dishes & some tasty new delights
    We have a Facebook page up & running where more information will be posted over the coming period .
    Joe .

You Sir, have just retained many customers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

What about those of us who are not students any more but who retain a student mindset?

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    What about those of us who are not students any more but who retain a student mindset?

The rules of this site prevent me discussing the subject further . We have a new face book page , where all comments will be swiftly answered.

Regards & thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As per admin Zaph's post previously in thread. Jumong has to wait to be verified until he can post again.

Just found out why Eddie Rockets had to close/change their name :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭Guffy

^^^
    Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

JohnCleary wrote: »

Don't tell me I'm still on that feckin island...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

you should get a site ban for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Jaysus, don't tempt me.

1248075250110.jpg

The monkeys of boards.ie know that if they siteban me that they'll never get to marvel at my doomsday device

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

You starting back on that now that you've the Leaving Cert out of the way?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think somebody ordered their burgers well done because I smell a burn.

J o e wrote: »

Yeah i'm hoping I got the points for bio-chem, otherwise won't be able to complete the device :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

J o e wrote: »

Between that and the fake-student-id buiness he's been running, I think John must be a busy man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MichaelsMrs

Just came here to post that ^^

Just for balance a friend of mine obtained vicious food poisoning from Eddie Rockets chicken wings once, true story.

Me too! June last year. Ill never forget it 😵

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Wish I could just unsee that :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Franchise fees were €85,000 a year head office wanted €150,000 a year all the ones in the west have changed as there owned by the same guy

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Their Sundays are bloody good though I can vouch for that! I like the general feel and theme to the place too its a pity I can't afford to buy anything in there though... Put everything down a euro and then maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

*sundaes

• Advertisement
Advertisement