Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the ring road demo

Options
  • 07-09-2013 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

There seems to be very little info on Boards regarding the demonstration over the proposed knocking of Vicar Street for the building of the new road through our city.
    If as the e.mail I received suggests that many people do not agree with the council, why is the council we elected going ahead with the rape of the old city, one asks?
    Why wasn't a more sympathetic approach undertaken like joining the proposed new road from the end of the road that has already been built.
    That is one scenario, however one might ask is there anything in vicar street worth saving, is architecture fundamental to the cities ancient past, I can't see it but there must be some who do.
    Is this a devious plan to develop the mart site, is someone going to benefit personally from such a development, do we have noses in a trough?
    Of course there will be compensation to the owners of the somewhat dilapidated properties, one might ask who are the beneficial owners of the properties, did someone do their homework and had a vision of the future plans of the council.
    I think much could be said as to why all of this is taking place, who wants to build in the mart? At the present it is rather a blot on the landscape.
    How will the new road interact with the schools in the area and ease of getting to and fro from St Lukes.
    Surely this is the time to ask our ministerial TD to investigate.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement