Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chiropractor

• 07-09-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just looking to see if anyone has any suggestions of a chiropractor that actually will crack your back in Dublin city centre area?

A friend of mine has back problems and the chiropractor they went to just uses a little clicking adjustment tool that hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Owen Dennis in clontarf I've used and he helped a great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Slight aside, you are aware that this entire area is completely unfounded and proven to be smoke and mirror nonsense.

There is absolutely no medical proof or benefit from this type of treatment. It's utter nonsense.

Placebo effect is the only reason they are able to get away with it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Been there, done that. Charlatans is the polite word for them.

A good physio will sort you out (permanently in my case).

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭olly_mac

They are total shams! As said above, a good physio will do a better job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Hammertime wrote: »
    Slight aside, you are aware that this entire area is completely unfounded and proven to be smoke and mirror nonsense.

There is absolutely no medical proof or benefit from this type of treatment. It's utter nonsense.

Placebo effect is the only reason they are able to get away with it.

Bollox, Owen Dennis has fixed me a couple of times. Miracle worker he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Inbox wrote: »

Are you Owen Dennis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Stick to recommendations. Thread will be closed if I see any discussion on the benefits/non benefits of a chiropractor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

This place came highly recommend to me. http://www.dublincitychiropractic.ie/
    I haven't gone yet but I will do. I used to go to a guy near where I used to live and he fixed me but I've relocated. The placebo effect comment above made me laugh. I couldn't run 100m without being doubled over in pain before I went to a chiropractor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Inbox wrote: »

If he fixed you, why did you have to go back?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Go to the sports surgery clinic in santry, the physios there will explain what is wrong, why it's happening and they will fix you. Permanently.

And it's an actual medical treatment, recognised by science.

• Advertisement
Advertisement