Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on area to live

Options
  • 07-09-2013 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi I am moving to Cork and will be working out near Mahon Point.
    Can anyone advise me on any good areas to look for a house or apartment to rent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Anerak wrote: »
    Hi I am moving to Cork and will be working out near Mahon Point.
    Can anyone advise me on any good areas to look for a house or apartment to rent?

In all fairness, it all depends on what you like - e.g. living in town in a modest apartment, or getting something better in the outskirts for a similar price.

One of the most important things is...where are you from? Native Irish people tend to like very different places than most foreigners do (one example, the ethernal carpet vs. tiles/wooden floors argument).

If you don't have a car, I would advise you to get a map of the #215 bus route and find a place near a stop.

There is a decent-looking modern building complex just behind Mahon Point, but I would have no idea about the apartments themselves, nor the rent price.

Another thing, some letting agencies in Cork are utter rubbish:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056667251

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Anerak

Hi,

Thanks, I would be happier to live out near Mahon point.
    I am Irish ha.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Jacobs Island would be very convenient, or Eden in Blackrock. Both are apartment complexes.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Anerak

Thanks

Advertisement