Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

printer that i can buy afordable ink for

• 07-09-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

ive been searching around the shops and the net . printer cables selling for 20 euro and dont come with it . jesus .. and ink thats more expencive than the actual printer ..
    can anyone advise me a machine thats cheap and i can get generic inks for ... thanking you in advance . x:D:D:p:p
    just need basic stuff .but if had a usb stick reader. would be nice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 mornington man

Teddyteddy,
    I use the following company, and am most happy with their service, which is very good value. They supply Brother printers, which are of a high standard for home use. You call into one of their shops (or post in special envelopes) with your empty cartridges and they fill them on the spot. Go to the home user section of the attached:
    http://www.cartridgegreen.ie/
    :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

teddyteddy wrote: »
    ive been searching around the shops and the net . printer cables selling for 20 euro and dont come with it . jesus .. and ink thats more expencive than the actual printer ..
    can anyone advise me a machine thats cheap and i can get generic inks for ... thanking you in advance . x:D:D:p:p
    just need basic stuff .but if had a usb stick reader. would be nice.

I gave up on ink jets long ago - consider a cheap color laser (can be got for a good bit under 100 euros on amazon) - blackwhite printers can be useful too - look at ebay for cost of refills - and usb cable to fit any printer can be got in pound shop/dealz for under a couple euros.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pauljohnston

I am a frequent user of my Epson printer and i would go through a lot of ink cartridges. The Epson SX130 is generally a good quality all-in-one printer and the SX130 ink certainly makes it affordable and economical to use. I used to buy the originals but they are extremely pricy, i have switched to using remanufactured cartridges now for my Epson printer.

The supplier i am currently using is http://www.printerinkcartridges.ie/. the cartridge prices for all kind of the printer are pretty reasonable. Have a look of its products and prices on the website itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,277 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Get a Brother DCP-J315W if you can. Get loads of compatible cartridge from ebay or whoever and print away for very little. Just when your cartridge reads low, toss it and change it. Brother are brilliant but if you run the cartridge down dry air gets into the printhead and kills it.

Alternatively spend a little bit more and get a canon inkjet with separate ink tanks. Use compatibles away also but the best part is the printhead is removable. So if it blocks you can let it sit and soak overnight to clear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

Cheapest printer to fill is a Kodak...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭teddyteddy

thanks guys il go shoping tomorrow

rob316 wrote: »
    Get a Brother DCP-J315W if you can. Get loads of compatible cartridge from ebay or whoever and print away for very little. Just when your cartridge reads low, toss it and change it. Brother are brilliant but if you run the cartridge down dry air gets into the printhead and kills it.

Alternatively spend a little bit more and get a canon inkjet with separate ink tanks. Use compatibles away also but the best part is the printhead is removable. So if it blocks you can let it sit and soak overnight to clear it.

I had an allinone brother just like that - and I didnt find it to be very good at all
    - printouts were just ok
    - but every while it would selfclean itself, a clean uses a lot of ink, *even when not being used*
    - so every time I went to use it it was empty.
    One set of carts I got two pages out of before it had emptied itself.
    - Also the scanner was very lacking in colour depth (too washed out) and so wasn't good enough for scanning photos I had hoped to use it for (an epson scanner did the job brilliantly for me).
    - Also you cannot see the page being printed in that brother, so you cannot cancel it if you see it printing bad.

It eventually dried up after a life of maybe 50 printed sheets and lives with the 3 other inkjet junk printers(canon and epson) in the attic.

Laser never dries up so is great for occasional use - and cheaper to run so great for lots of use. Looks great, prints faster and Is water/smudge proof. Ink may be better at photos, and cheaper initial outlay - but other than that I'm at a loss to why inkjet is still so popular.

“Roll it back”

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

but other than that I'm at a loss to why inkjet is still so popular.

I'd guess because it's a cheaper outlay at the start.

I'd guess because it's a cheaper outlay at the start.

:)

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Whoa!
    Are you sure you want to go there?

http://www.cartridgegreen.ie/ may be risky to visit.

Why were you redirected to this page?

When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.

copied from mcafee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭teddyteddy

i opted for an epson in argos 69 e reducd from 90 i got the usb cable for 1.50 and i got set of 4 inks from max burns for 19euro . they wants 12 for a single one in pc world or argos wifi and usb all good .

teddyteddy wrote: »
    i opted for an epson in argos 69 e reducd from 90 i got the usb cable for 1.50 and i got set of 4 inks from max burns for 19euro . they wants 12 for a single one in pc world or argos wifi and usb all good .

You could also try refilling the carts yourself to save a few bob - you might get a few refills before having to change the cart- Lidl and Aldi sell the ink refils very cheap - Epson carts need to be electrically reset after filling to tell them they are full again - Maplins sell this thingy to reset the cart - just try to fill it before its totally empty and careful not to cross contaminate the inks.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

I have a CanonMp620 printer. I have used this for five years without complaint. We have three students in the house who have printed numerous assignments on this. If I have to replace it would be a Canon. For y ink supplies I always use http://www.internet-ink.co.uk/ .They supply all types of ink cartridges.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Buy your inks from eBay, two remanufactured HP ink cartridges cost €35 from a local retailer as I needed it in a hurry and when I priced it on eBay I could have got the same two for €13 from the UK using Parcel Motel, I could have got two genuine HP cartridges for less than €20. It is less about the printer and more about avoiding Irish ink retailers who will absolutely rip you off.

Advertisement