Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November Sun?

• 07-09-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Looking for ten days in the sun in November. Can anyone tell me where would get the best heat at that time? Short haul.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

as far south as you can get and still be short haul, but by november its always getting a bit dodgy in northern hemisphere.

canaries/siciliy/algarve are probably your best bets in that order. cyprus and that side of the med is a bit too close to syria for my liking right now

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Wobbleop

Thanks for the reply. Would there be much difference between Lanzarote and Tenerife (South)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Gran canaria would be your best bet, Preferably Puerto rico or amadores in the south of the island. Your guaranteed good weather all year round. Should still be mid 20s in november.

We went in October last year, Left on the 14th for a week and on our last day there it was 34C.

Puerto Rico is coming in at crazy prices for the beginning of the month which is when I can go so thats kind of out unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Wobbleop wrote: »
    Puerto Rico is coming in at crazy prices for the beginning of the month which is when I can go so thats kind of out unfortunately.

€325 on lowcostholidays for a week leaving on the 7th and staying in Palmera mar. Not too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

November should't be too expensive, half term being finished.

Check price of flight only to wherever you want to go.
    Then add €50 per day for accommodation for 2/3 people. We have regularly hired fully fitted apartment in Puerto Rico doing it that way, usually in November.

Ten days was coming in at €500 plus when I was looking over the last few days. I'll have to search better! Just want to be sure I get some sort of heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

I was suprised how expensive flights to the Canaries have become.
    Used to be possible for €100 return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I was in Malta in November three years ago, 25+ every day for a week.

Cheap as chips and they speak English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

eagerv wrote: »
    I was suprised how expensive flights to the Canaries have become.
    Used to be possible for €100 return.

It's the same as fuel for your car, used to get a lot further many years ago...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Wobbleop wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Would there be much difference between Lanzarote and Tenerife (South)?

Not much, Tenerife, Gran Canaria,Feurteventura and Lanzarote are more or less the same temperature wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

I was in Malta in November three years ago, 25+ every day for a week.

Cheap as chips and they speak English.

Agree totally on Malta. Was there in December one year and had lovely sunshine.

Thanks a mill for all the help.

Advertisement