Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art students

• 07-09-2013 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, so I was just drawing with a new 8b pencil and realised how much better my work looks with good pencils.

Is there anything that you would recommend for art to improve my drawing? Apart from practise!:p I have all the B pencils, etc! Any type of rubber/pencil etc that helped you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Practise is key! However, art can actually be very easy if you draw with your eyes, not with your head/hand. If you follow that happy days!

What about trying charcoal and other different types of media like that? Gel black pens/markers are also really good in the fact that you can't erase any work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

d1234 wrote: »
    Practise is key! However, art can actually be very easy if you draw with your eyes, not with your head/hand. If you follow that happy days!

What about trying charcoal and other different types of media like that? Gel black pens/markers are also really good in the fact that you can't erase any work!

Thanks. I need to get faster at the life drawing, would you recommend charcoal/contour pencils as a good alternative to the standard ones? I think it may be quicker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

I tried both a few times and I suppose thinking back now they were quicker. A textured page is really nice with charcoal especially if its a gold/rich yellow/burnt orange colour. I think that its a matter of personal opinion at the end of the day!

Advertisement