Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom router and Linksy WRT54GL

• 07-09-2013 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Hey there, was wondering if there was a way to extend my wireless signal in the house by using a spare Linksy router I have, I know its only a "g" rather than a "n" - but just wondering if it was possible.
    Eircom router is ZyXel P-660HN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

Hey there, was wondering if there was a way to extend my wireless signal in the house by using a spare Linksy router I have, I know its only a "g" rather than a "n" - but just wondering if it was possible.
    Eircom router is ZyXel P-660HN

connect your pc directly to the linksys router (make sure linksys router is not connected to the zyxel)

change the wifi SSID to match that of the zyxel

change the wifi key to match that of the zyxel

go to the router's wan setting page and

and set it's ip address to 192.168.1.253

set the default gateway address to 192.168.1.254 (this is the zyxel's router address)

disable dhcp mode on the linksys

Encapsulation: Change it to RFC-1483 Bridged Ethernet LLC/SNAP. You will also need to enable Bridging

click apply.

then connect an ethernet cable from LAN 1 port on zyxel to WAN port on linksys

then you got a wireless range extender

Advertisement