Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Have Registered All 60 Credits For First Year But...

Options
  • 07-09-2013 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I want to drop a Psychology module and replace with Portuguese 1B. I have registered 55 credits through the Arts stream and 5 credits on Portuguese as an elective. Portuguese is only available to me as an elective so I'm hoping I can drop a second semester Psychology module and replace as an elective in Portuguese. My only hesitation is that Psychology is full now and need to make sure I can take another elective as the replacement. There is no time conflict in the timetable.

So basically, can I take 50 credits in Core modules and 10 in electives in first year?? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

The thing is I think Intro to Arts counts as one of your electives. :/ But on the other hand, you could go into second year Portuguese with those 2 modules so I think it will be counted as a subject rather than electives anyway. Best to email the programme office first I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heikki

Thank you.

Do you know if I can take stage 1 modules as electives in second, third year?
    Could I continue with Portuguese through electives rather than taking It to degree level? I will email on Monday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

You can, you can do up to 4 more modules at level 1, which means your electives could be level 1 if you like. And yep you can do that too; if you do 3 modules of second/third year Portuguese you'll get a structured elective in it, which I think is sort of like an unofficial minor in some ways. Pretty handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heikki

Canard wrote: »
    You can, you can do up to 4 more modules at level 1, which means your electives could be level 1 if you like. And yep you can do that too; if you do 3 modules of second/third year Portuguese you'll get a structured elective in it, which I think is sort of like an unofficial minor in some ways. Pretty handy to have.
    That's awesome. Very good idea. Should look well with a joint major in Spanish & Italian. Thanks for the info..

Advertisement