Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Books?

• 07-09-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a book for Economics? :) I'd be trying it by myself without a teacher but grinds are always an option. I was wondering what anyone else found to be the best book or even a revision guide or whatever :) Also if anyone has any notes or advice or anything at all they could pass on I'd be more than grateful! :D

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a book for Economics? :) I'd be trying it by myself without a teacher but grinds are always an option. I was wondering what anyone else found to be the best book or even a revision guide or whatever :) Also if anyone has any notes or advice or anything at all they could pass on I'd be more than grateful! :D

Thank you!

I took up economics in one year, i had a teacher but i'm sure you will manage economics fine on your own! :) i used positive economics ,its a fairly modern book so its up to date and i found it had everything i needed! i would learn a chapter in it and then try the exam papers questions which repeat every year for economics :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

(to mods - sorry if it's against rules) I have a copy of positive economics for sale on adverts if you are interested in buying it. It's priced very reasonably compared to what it would cost to buy new. I also have leaving cert economics solutions from a BSTI lecture I was this year.

http://www.adverts.ie/school-college-books/positive-economics-leaving-cert-economics-textbook/3727111

But yeah, even if you weren't to buy off me, I would still highly recommend the book. I don't think I would have gotten a A1 if I just used the crappy economics book with the blue cover that our school suggested us to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    I took up economics in one year, i had a teacher but i'm sure you will manage economics fine on your own! :) i used positive economics ,its a fairly modern book so its up to date and i found it had everything i needed! i would learn a chapter in it and then try the exam papers questions which repeat every year for economics :)

I'm actually only in TY now so I've plenty of time to do it at a slow enough pace :) I said I'd start now while I'm not busy instead of in 5th and 6th year :) I'm already doing business and did it for the Junior Cert and loved it so I'm hoping I'll enjoy it too! :)

I was looking at the Positive Economics book and it seems to be good, but Denis O'Grady has a new book out that comes with a workbook. His old book seems to be for sale second hand everywhere (the blue one) so I assume it must be popular enough? Thanks for you're input though! :)
    N64 wrote: »
    (to mods - sorry if it's against rules) I have a copy of positive economics for sale on adverts if you are interested in buying it. It's priced very reasonably compared to what it would cost to buy new. I also have leaving cert economics solutions from a BSTI lecture I was this year.

http://www.adverts.ie/school-college-books/positive-economics-leaving-cert-economics-textbook/3727111

But yeah, even if you weren't to buy off me, I would still highly recommend the book. I don't think I would have gotten a A1 if I just used the crappy economics book with the blue cover that our school suggested us to buy.

Dublin is a bit far from Cork! Would postage be expensive? :)

Advertisement