Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Perfume Bar

Options
  • 07-09-2013 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi guys !! I will appreciate if you can give me your opinion.

I have plans to open a new type of buiseness in Ireland, a PERFUME BAR.

The concept is to sell own brand of perfume.
    .Own brand perfumes in bulk
    .Fragrances for the home and for the workplace
    .Soaps
    .Candles

The price will be always 70% cheaper than the original brands.
    Will have generic perfume not cheap copys or looks a like!!!
    the fragance keeps longer same as a brand perfume.

All this products are manufactured in Europe. No Asian Countrys!

The shops will play nice ambient music and the shops ligths will changing colors depending on the music we play.
    Ligths will have ( leed ligths).

Coustomers will be able to buy as much as they want of the perfume quantity.
    What I mean is : we will sell refill perfume as well , so if a client comes in and asks for a 30ml of perfume that's what he gets.
    10ml, 20ml. 30ml, 50,ml 100ml, any one NO PROBLEM.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?
    WOULD YOU BUY IN THIS TYPE OF SHOPS?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

TLEN wrote: »
    Hi guys !! I will appreciate if you can give me your opinion.

I have plans to open a new type of buiseness in Ireland, a PERFUME BAR.

The concept is to sell own brand of perfume.
    .Own brand perfumes in bulk
    .Fragrances for the home and for the workplace
    .Soaps
    .Candles

The price will be always 75% cheaper then the original brands.
    Will have generic perfume not cheap copys or looks a like!!!
    the fragance keeps longer same as a brand perfume.

All this products are manufactured in Europe. No Asian Countrys!

The shops will play nice ambient music and the shops ligths will changing colors depending on the music we play.
    Ligths will have ( leed ligths).

Coustomers will be able to buy as much as they want of the perfume quantity.
    What I mean is : we will sell refill perfume as well , so if a client comes in and asks for a 30ml of perfume that's what he gets.
    10ml, 20ml. 30ml, 50,ml 100ml, any one NO PROBLEM.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?
    WOULD YOU BUY IN THIS TYPE OF SHOPS?

Thank you

These have been in dublin on and off for ages. The one of grafton street lasted a while, I think it's closed down now though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

http://www.theperfumeshop.com/ looks to do pretty well I would imagine you'll find it hard to crack into the market unless the prices are just too good to be true!! What makes it a perfume bar instead of just a perfume shop? Are you able to sit and try a few perfumes at a bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TLEN

Hi -- jimmii

Yes jimmii you will be able to sit down and try one of our perfume I would stay "try a shot ":) .

As you can see in the photo the shops will have the perfume in the bottles displaying on the wall as a BAR STYLE serving drinks.

and when a client comes in to the shops to try one of our perfume we give a special tall glass with a delicate paper sheet so they can spray on it the fragance.

Thank you

Hammertime

At a time when the private labels conquer a large part of the market, due to the global economic situation, this concept is no exception to the rule and give the consumer the same quality of original perfumes, with values ​​up to 70% cheaper.
    A novelty internationally very attractive and original, with the primary focus on selling generic perfumes top quality, low-cost prices !

Imagine for just € 7.50 you can recharge your bottle with 35ml ...

€ 10.95 = 55ml,

105ml = € 18.50)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Perfume is a luxury good. Consumers tend to be the more expensive perfumes with the belief they are of better quality and prestige of buying something more expensive. I don't know anyone who would use a perfume that is cheaper than €60 for 50 ml. Even the lidl copy of Chanel won't sell at €3,5 for 50 ml as most people still pay for €80 bottle of the real thing

I will not sell for €3,5 ! But one thing for sure we don't do higher margin.

Well there are kind of people that they will always buy THE BRAND.

But I want to reach other type of coustomer wich can not aford to spend almost € 100 per perfume , save the money for something else but at the same time can buy a good quality perfume 4 less.
    It's a brand any way, our perfumes have a registrade the Brand.

well let's say if you have a lots of money you buy a AUDI Automobile , but if you have less you will end up to buy a SKODA !

But at the end the engine and the auto parts are the same , only a few XTRA details LUXURY DETAILS:pac:

My shops will have the Luxury style but with affordable products (Brand)

WHo doesn't like a bargain ??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

WHo doesn't like a bargain ??:rolleyes:

I got you Chanel for your birthday.

I got you a Chanel clone for your birthday.

Huge difference ;)

And personally, I hate the sales pitch trying to convince me that a cheaper clone product is 'worth it'. There are items in life that people, not matter their financial circumstances, will either spend the money on or do without it. They won't compromise because at the end of the day, its not like for like. Someone wanting a SuperDry jacket won't make do with a Penny's clone. Brand power is huge.

Your Audi / Skoda argument is also completely false. They are two very different ends of the car market. If someone wants an Audi, they'll buy one. That same person will not turn around and say 'You know what, I'll do with a Skoda instead'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Why not try the custom perfume.

Customer comes in, explains what they currently like / wear - you would understand the key scents and attempt to build a bespoke perfume for that client.

I believe there would be a waiting time but if you offered a good delivery service this could be an option.
    Or host day events in office spaces - say go out to the microsoft office for a day, the ladies come down, give an order then receive the goods a few days later,.

• Advertisement

ironclaw

I don't think you understand the business and the meaning.
    Sorry to say it !!!!

1-"I got a clone for your birthday " heehheeheh so you think that's the correct answer ??
    well of course is a person wants to say it as joke to a Girl friend, boy friend , etc, etc but if someone says that in a serious maner must be( out of order).

2-Our perfume is branded we don't need to cheat any one or creat some fantasy dreams . the main thing is: yes we say ; our perfume is similar to a certain brands and the components are the same.

3- You have a loads of money, earning a lot NO PROBLEM yes go ahead and buy your brand, and you won't losse your status !

4- I don't think that you realy know much about cars , and I am not going to comment on this !!

Why not try the custom perfume.

Customer comes in, explains what they currently like / wear - you would understand the key scents and attempt to build a bespoke perfume for that client.

I believe there would be a waiting time but if you offered a good delivery service this could be an option.
    Or host day events in office spaces - say go out to the microsoft office for a day, the ladies come down, give an order then receive the goods a few days later,.

Thank you ,
    I have something similar in what you have mention.
    Good positive Ideia!

I thake this ideia very serious any good opion is more than welcome.

How often have you left home and forgot to pour perfume??

For only € 1 you can scent as much as you want !

It's very simple, you choose your favorite fragrance, and ask for a SHOT leave our store, super fragrant and maybe even with a new perfume !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Why do people visit your store? Very serious question.

What unfilfilled burning need, want or desire are you serving?

2-Our perfume is branded we don't need to cheat any one or creat some fantasy dreams . the main thing is: yes we say ; our perfume is similar to a certain brands and the components are the same.

Similar but different. Close but no cigar. How many people out looking for anything specific in life (i.e. A car, house, pair of jeans etc) would settle for less? Or close enough?
    3- You have a loads of money, earning a lot NO PROBLEM yes go ahead and buy your brand, and you won't losse your status !

But thats the thing, why would anyone want to lose face or drop their status. If someone wants to be Ms. Supermodel Y with the newest perfume Z, then thats what they want. They don't want a 'sure its close enough' Christmas as a really abstract example would prove that behavior. If a kid wants something, the parents will do anything to get it. Likewise, no matter the financial circumstance, I'd imagine people would either want the real thing or not bother at all. How long would someone where a fake jersey for? Not very long if at all if they are a fan.

Also can you guarantee you'll have the same perfume in 6 months, a year? 2 years? Most people have a brand and fragrance they like which they can consistently get.
    4- I don't think that you realy know much about cars , and I am not going to comment on this !!

Come on over the Motors forum and we can have a chat. I'm seriously into cars having participated in car Rally's across the world. Theres no need to be offensive especially to those who have years more retail experience than yourself.

With respect I feel you have convinced yourself this is a winner and your going to try it anyway. I genuinely wish you the best of luck and I'd be happy to hold my hands up and say I was wrong in 2 years time. But my personal gut feeling is that isn't a runner. Could you not market alongside the real thing? At least you would get both sides of the trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

ironclaw

I don't think you understand the business and the meaning.
    Sorry to say it !!!!

1-"I got a clone for your birthday " heehheeheh so you think that's the correct answer ??
    well of course is a person wants to say it as joke to a Girl friend, boy friend , etc, etc but if someone says that in a serious maner must be( out of order).

Your completely missing the very basic and extremely valid points that Ironclaw has made.

You need to realise that perfume is a pleasure purchase. Girls buy the new Chanel as a treat to themselves, rational thought does not come into it in the way that it does for a normal buy. They see the Chanel for €70, love the branding, love the excitement of having a Chanel brand in their bag, and they justify it as it will last them months. Compare that to a unbranded perfume, even costing €10, zero satisfaction at the moment of purchasing, zero kudos amoung the girls, zero feeling of treating themselves.

It's not always about the price, luxury goods are luxuries.

Oh, I drive an Audi. I wouldn't ever drive a Skoda. I don't care how good they are.

As an aside were you not about to open vending machine shops a little while back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you got a small kiosk sized unit in a high footfall area you might make a small profit. You're getting a lot of feedback here from people who should really be your target market but seem to just dismiss any comments that suggest it might not be the best idea. People aren't just saying that for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

If you are cloning say a hugo boss - I would imagine some copy right / legal issue.

I do like the idea of having a small 20ml bottle of after shave in the car or deodorant - for the pressure moments.
    I would certainly buy this smaller size bottle from the original manufacturer but not a knock off.

You are not getting the same quality of product, perhaps this knockdown version will have irritants that will effect your skin.
    If you simply bought 20 bottles of hugo boss and poured them into a big 'shot' bottle you would also have legal issued there.

I think I understand what you are trying to do but the fundamental concept is floored for a range of options

I do like the idea of having a small 20ml bottle of after shave in the car or deodorant - for the pressure moments.
    I would certainly buy this smaller size bottle from the original manufacturer but not a knock off.

I'd have the same idea but then again, you can buy a refillable bottle and just put a few ml's of the real McCoy in it for the car. Your not going to be using it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

The brand is confusing to me. A perfume bar conjures images of a high end outlet, but 70% off tells me its a pile em high sell em cheap model. Apart from confusing customers i dont see how the business model can work financially. Very hard to offer a high quality service on a discount store pricing strategy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement