Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair colour disaster!

• 07-09-2013 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

I got my hair dyed the other day, it's naturally brown but I've been getting it dyed a copper/ginger colour. However the colour the hairdresser put in this time is a very vibrant, bright red colour. Apparently it's the same as what I had been getting but more tone, so it'll look very vibrant now but when it fades it'll be the same colour that I had before. I'm not convinced though as it's very different, and at the moment I hate it!

I'm wondering what I should do, because I really don't like the colour it is at the moment. I've heard Head & Shoulders is good for stripping out colour, has anyone used it before? Alternatively I'm considering just getting a box of Colour B4 and getting rid of it altogether then putting a home dye on top. Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Go back to the hair dresser. If you have been getting the same colour for a while there is no reason for it to develop differently. Maybe the wrong shade was mistakenly used?

I would be polite, but insist that the colour is corrected or get a full refund. There are products available to strip colour - there is a thread on this forum, but I don't know if they return your hair to it's previous colour. A lot of them just strip excess colour and allow a new colour to delevop.

Good luck, hair disasters are upsetting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

This happened to me earlier this year. They put a colour bomb in it first and the colour was waaaaay off what I asked for. I went home hating it and myself for not speaking up although they told me the same as you when it fades it will be the colour I want. I went in a week later after washing it repeatedly with head and shoulders and they fixed if for me no charge. As shopaholic quite rightly said, go back, it's ludicrous expecting a paying customer to wait until their hair fades for it to be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

You know, I hadn't even considered going back really, but I suppose it'd do no harm to try! I was thinking that since I agreed to the colour and not said anything after that I didn't really have a case, but I'll go in and say it anyway to see what happens. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    You know, I hadn't even considered going back really, but I suppose it'd do no harm to try! I was thinking that since I agreed to the colour and not said anything after that I didn't really have a case, but I'll go in and say it anyway to see what happens. Thanks!
    Be polite but insistant. You can always say that you didn't realise how vibrant it was until you got home/saw it in natural daylight/other people commented on it.

Chances are the salon would rather rectify it than lose a client.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

You did not get the colour that you asked them for. Go back and ask them to fix it for you. There are things you can use at home but you dont know how they could leave your hair looking colour wise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Went in today, as the colour is quite dark at the moment they said that if I wanted it fixed right now it'd have to be stripped, which I don't want to do. However they said that when it does start to fade out I can come back in and have the colour I wanted put back in for free. Happy enough with that, now to break out the head and shoulders! :)

Advertisement