Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SVD hop up

• 07-09-2013 4:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭

Hi all.. Any SVD experts out there..? My question/s are this..
    1. What is the job of the ball bearing and spring in hop up chamber under far right grub screw..?
    2.is there a fix with regards to the little rubber that grub screw presses down on to activate the hop is in 2 pieces.. So hop is not coming on at all..
    I plan to buy the upgraded version I'm sure some of you have seen, but am looking a tempory measure..
    Thanks anybody..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Can't remember about the ball under the spring as it been a long time since I last worked on a SVD

As for the piece that is broken the last time I used a piece of O-ring rubber cut to length and inserted through the hop-up unit and under the adjustment screw and it worked a treat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭jimeryan22

DeBurca wrote: »
    Can't remember about the ball under the spring as it been a long time since I last worked on a SVD

As for the piece that is broken the last time I used a piece of O-ring rubber cut to length and inserted through the hop-up unit and under the adjustment screw and it worked a treat

Thanks all, did what kev said there and like the man said.. Works a treat.. !!
    Good luck
    Jime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Very glad to hear it is working for you but I cant take all the credit for it as the original idea came from Puding

Advertisement