Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i put cooked chicken pieces in an omlette

Options
  • 07-09-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi
    I have some cooked chicken pieces (you know the ones you can buy in Tesco in the packs) sitting in the fridge. Their use by date is tomorrow. Can I put cooked chicken strips/pieces like this into an omelette?

Would that work or is that a very bad idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Passport1 wrote: »
    Hi
    I have some cooked chicken pieces (you know the ones you can buy in Tesco in the packs) sitting in the fridge. Their use by date is tomorrow. Can I put cooked chicken strips/pieces like this into an omelette?

Would that work or is that a very bad idea?

Should be fine.

Be aware you may be cooking a mother in their own babies :(.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If you're asking about how it would work flavour-wise that's fine, but if you're looking for advice on food safety that's not allowed in this forum. If any is sought or offered we'll close the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭dmc17

I always use them for stir fries. It's called laziness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

i use them all the time.

Delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Better than using raw chicken pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

As mentioned previously mixing chickens and eggs in a single meal will warp the space time continuum and possibly spell the end for life as we know it

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

Tails142 wrote: »
    As mentioned previously mixing chickens and eggs in a single meal will warp the space time continuum and possibly spell the end for life as we know it

Lmao!!!!

Advertisement