Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Park Q: Can I park in the grounds on registration day?

• 07-09-2013 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭

Took a drive to the campus today and noticed clamping is in operation to unregistered cars. Is there any way 1st years can avail of the car park for registration days? Or do we need to park somewhere outside and wait until we can register with the parking company before we can use it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'm not sure on that one I'm afraid, as I've never had to drive to the college. Try giving the reception desk a call on Monday and see what they say about it. I know that the car registration will be done very soon into the first week or two, it usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smashedhat

For the past 2 years parking has been free for September to give people chance to get registered. Clamping begins from Oct 1st. It's impossible to get a space after 9 though, you'll be doing laps for ages until someone leaves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭The_Nipper_One

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be alright then to park inside, but I'll still give them a quick call just to check.
    It's impossible to get a space after 9 though, you'll be doing laps for ages until someone leaves

Do you mean on the registration days, or over the school year in general?

No worries about me being there before 9, as I intend to be there for 7:30 on the days I drive. :)

If parking is at a premium, I hope there isn't a lot of being blocked in by people trying to park anywhere they can. Does this happen, or are the clamping company fairly good at policing the place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Thanks for that, smashedhat.

As for the parking situation itself, you won't have people blocking you in. I haven't seen it happen once since I've been here. If you plan on being in the college early then you'll have no problem finding a space.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You'll be grand in September there's never anyone clamping. They'll have someone in the college at some stage taking registrations. They tend to start clamping after that.

Also they look for your licence and certificate of insurance when you register so make sure you've them handy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement