Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick compare/critique of 2 similar monitors please

Options
  • 07-09-2013 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭

I really appreciate if someone could help me out with a review, not well up on such matters.
    Any differences between these two monitors?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-IPS234V-PN-AEK-inch-Screen-Monitor/dp/B008F7GW2K/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-ELECTRONICS-23EA63V-1920-Black/dp/B00BJHBUW0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

They're much the same price and I'd like to order one of them today.

My plan is to use the monitor via my laptop, I've just started my final year in college and expect to be spending many hours staring at a screen!

Also what cables do I need to connect the monitor to the laptop.
    I have a Lenovo thinkpad laptop which has both vga and hdmi ports.

And lastly is there any guide on-line, or indeed your own advise, on how best to set this type of work station configuration?
    I currently use a wireless keyboard and mouse and my internet connection is a mobile broadband dongle so there's lots of bits and pieces to accommodate. Maybe you have a nice office setup that may sever as an example of what to aim for!

Thanks TKE.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Dead links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Torqay wrote: »
    Dead links.

Thanks for flagging that Torqay, they're fixed now.

Update for any other potential buyers.

I think that the second monitor, which is also the cheaper of the two, is the just a newer model of the first.

The power consumption has slightly increased with the newer model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

The LG IPS234V one has double the contrast ratio, which in turn makes for a much darker darks and brighter whites,

Also the LG IPS234V has an edge to edge screen, so would be be more suited to a dual/triple monitor setup due to the lack of edge border.

platinums wrote: »
    The LG IPS234V one has double the contrast ratio, which in turn makes for a much darker darks and brighter whites,

Also the LG IPS234V has an edge to edge screen, so would be be more suited to a dual/triple monitor setup due to the lack of edge border.

You're correct on both counts however you got the model numbers mixed up.

Anyway I order the newer model LG 23EA63V-P form amazon on Saturday on hope to have it delivery on Wednesday/Thursday.

It worked out at €135 delivered, which for a 23.5" IPS seems to be more or less as good a deal as can be found. I'll report back once I receive it for anyone interested.

Advertisement