Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy coloured fondant icing

Options
  • 07-09-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

I've only seen white icing in shops and Tk Maxx don't have any either. Are there any shops that stock it besides Kitchen Compliments or any special shops? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Superquinn in Blanch has it in different colours. Not sure if other Superquinns would have it but it's worth a look if there's one near you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Brennans, oliver plunkett street. Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kaz_corcoran

Cake Couture in Drogheda, and I'm pretty sure the partyzone in Woodies DIY have a good selection too. There's loads on their website!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Yeah the last time I needed coloured fondant I bought it in cake couture, you can order online but I called into the shop.

They were very helpful and answered all my questions

http://www.cakecouture.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Thanks for the help everyone. Unfortunately I can't buy online and I'm nowhere near Cork. If I can get to Woodies ill try there although the cake is supposed to be a surprise :P I bought these little bottles of paint that say they are for colouring icing so hopefully it will work! Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

If by little bottles you mean the liquid ones they are not the best for colouring fondant, you need paste colours, really thick stuff. The watery ones are unsuitable, you might get away with a few drops to make a pale colour but you can't add loads of liquid to the fondant or you will get mush.

The paste colours are thick so don't change the consistency of the fondant.

Whereabouts roughly in the country are you and we might be able to advise better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Madiller29

Deco bake, kitchen compliments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Madiller29

and also stock I think

Advertisement