Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Comments

pixelburp wrote: »
    Side note: I'm sure the real thing's not as fun, I've never played myself tbh, but does anyone else find themselves really wanting to play D&D after watching this episode? It looks like a good laugh, played in the right spirit (minus the domestic antagonism)

Beers? I can't promise to play it for fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Sadly we've no episode next Thursday...

However the following week, we're getting an animated episode called G.I. Jeff!!!

gi-jeff1-570x353.jpg
    gi-jeff2-570x353.jpg
    gi-jeff3-570x353.jpg

I've only ever seen one episode of GI JOE that I had on an old VHS of random cartoon episodes but this looks like it nailed it. Cannot wait. I love that this show covers so many genres.

Best ratings of the season so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I've only ever seen one episode of GI JOE that I had on an old VHS of random cartoon episodes but this looks like it nailed it. Cannot wait. I love that this show covers so many genres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The format of the next episode could have been kept hidden behind spoiler tags.

Its always nice to be surprised with a 'high concept' Community episode.

Not the end of the world but I'd probably consider stuff like that and guest appearances to be bigger spoilers than actual plot development within the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

This came up in suggested tumblr's for me thing, animation artwork from community and rick and Morty, assume cats out of the bag on GI Joe concept

brent-tumbles.tumblr.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Speaking of tumblr - Jim The Duck

Apparently, the Jim The Duck cartoons are actually drawn by Dino Stamatopolous (who plays Star Burns).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Not only but also: the map from the D&D game was also published :) :

https://twitter.com/nbccommunity/status/447167899997061120/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

Seren_ wrote: »
    Speaking of tumblr - Jim The Duck

Apparently, the Jim The Duck cartoons are actually drawn by Dino Stamatopolous (who plays Star Burns).

That's pretty cool, they're better than Abed gave them credit for.
    I like the way of doing the comic strip with the left and right arrows.

Lads!!! There's a Community sound board app for smart phones and it's brilliant. It's not up to date with seasons 4 or 5 but it has all the best lines and songs.

I've currently got Garret yelling 'Crisis Alert' as my text alert and it's hilarious.

• Advertisement

3:28 I love how much Joel McHale cares about this show!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

FunLover18 wrote: »
    3:28 I love how much Joel McHale cares about this show!!!

"... and something numbers can't measure; heart"

"that's your constitution, your constitution is seven."

Best line in the show was cut :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

mrkite77 wrote: »
    "... and something numbers can't measure; heart"

"that's your constitution, your constitution is seven."

Best line in the show was cut :(

Was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I was a bit drunk watching this and when the Dean was sending those letters to Jeff on the wings of sparrows with that elven song in the background I thought I was going to get sick I was laughing so hard, when community is on form there's no other comedy like it.

Still think Mike from Breaking Bad sticks out like a sore thumb though.

So it seems that 6 seasons and a movie is pretty much guaranteed at this stage. Numerous reports that Harmon has been in talks with Justin Lin about directing it. If Lin is unavailable then there's talk about having Joe and Anthony Russo or Jay Chandrasekhar involved. Sony seem invested in the show and are confident that we will see, at the very least a final 13 episode series. They also have plans to shop the show around if NBC decide to cancel the show and Hulu are supposed to be interested in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow, could the show get any more Meta if it were to pan out like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FYI - Joe and Anthony Russo directed the new Captain America movie which features a small role for a certain Greendale student.. and it's not Alison Brie although..

tumblr_mg4qc9Yo601qcwr3oo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Basq wrote: »
    FYI - Joe and Anthony Russo directed the new Captain America movie which features a small role for a certain Greendale student.. and it's not Alison Brie although..

There was quite the cheer in the audience when that certain Greendale student appeared. I'm sure all the non-Community fans in the cinema were thinking 'WTF are they cheering at?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There was quite the cheer in the audience when that certain Greendale student appeared. I'm sure all the non-Community fans in the cinema were thinking 'WTF are they cheering at?'
    Was at a small screening and I think I was the only person who realised! :D

Oh, while we're on the subject of movies..
    COMMUNITY: THE MOVIE directed by Justin Lin??!!
    Published at: March 26, 2014, 2:50 a.m.

That whole "six seasons and a movie" thing seemed like a joke when Abed first blurted it out (in reference to NBC's ill-fated THE CAPE) on COMMUNITY a few years back, but more and more, it looks like it may actually happen. They're on Season 5 now, and Sony is ready to shop the show around to Hulu or another outlet if NBC decides not to renew them for Season 6. Even more reassuring: this TV GUIDE article that purports rumors that if the movie gets off the ground, Justin Lin, director of three Season 1 episodes (including the legendary original "paintball episode", "Modern Warfare") is being considered to direct. If that BOURNE sequel he's set to do gets in the way? They'll go with one of the other big names who've ventured to Greendale thus far, including Joe and Anthony Russo (CAP 2), Jay Chandrasekhar (SUPER TROOPERS), or Seth Gordon (KING OF KONG, HORRIBLE BOSSES).

Take it with a pinch of salt.. but still good news!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/5cd95821de4b3f2b5233e8b6fab7424d/tumblr_mg4qc9Yo601qcwr3oo1_500.jpg
    I know I'm moaned before about posting up pics of Alison Brie on this thread but ... uhm... yeah.

Sorry what was I talking about? I got distracted. :eek::D

The initial buzz coming from Captain America 2's supposedly quite high, I'll be keen to see who cameos.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

We both got a chuckle when that student appeared. People beside us were laughing too but most seemed oblivious. Would love if the show referenced it obliquely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

it would be good if the continuance of the show doesn't depend on it staying on nbc

it would be good if the continuance of the show doesn't depend on it staying on nbc

NBC seem incapable of launching a comedy with any stating power so they need something with a guaranteed fanbase. Community doesn't have big numbers but it has consistent ones which is something that has no doubt resulted in Sony being so invested in the show that it seems they'll fight for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

hmmm....i think they might be onto something here, maybe a marvel one-shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I know I'm moaned before about posting up pics of Alison Brie on this thread but ... uhm... yeah.

Sorry what was I talking about? I got distracted. :eek::D

The initial buzz coming from Captain America 2's supposedly quite high, I'll be keen to see who cameos.

bit mixed on Captain america 2. But the cameo did get a cheer from me and my sister when it appeared. Very late in the movie too so it was quite a surprise.

No episode this week, but they released a promo for the GI Jeff episode :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

No episode this week, but they released a promo for the GI Jeff episode :D

I get the feeling it's going to be Amazing! :D

Not gonna watch the trailer, want to go in without expectations.

Re the cameo in Captain America, I enjoyed it but I was disappointed it didn't involve Garret running into SHIELD operations room yelling "CRISIS ALERT!!"

Ship talk below, which I really should just leave for tumblr. Some spoilers.
    ALL THE JEFF/ANNIE SHIPPERS ARE FREAKING OUT CAUSE OF THE JEFF/BRITTA LEANING STORYLINES FOR THE LAST FEW EPS OMG. Some people are actually saying they'll stop watching if the Jeff/Annie ship sinks, wtf like. Like I'm a J/A shipper and all, but seriously. Jeff and Britta are my two favourite characters (along with the Dean), but I don't think they're right for each other. But like why would you stop watching a show cause your ship doesn't work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"Ship" and "Shipping" are such cringey terms they would give you stomach ulcers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The only couple I ever "shipped" was Dwight and Angela on the Office <3

I don't think anyone should date within the group on Community, the only relationship that wouldn't crash and burn is a Jeff/Britta casual hookup which they've already done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

A bit long but fun with the cast, they talk about season 5 episodes but only ones that have aired, so spoilers for S5...

What are they doing on a ship? Is Troy back?

Shippers. *shudder* As if there isn't enough lazy scripting to hook up every male/female combo on TV, you got the fans with their wishful projections :rolleyes: :)

OK seriously, what are "shippers"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

OK seriously, what are "shippers"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipping_(fandom)

I never heard of the expression before either :/

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

happy march 32nd!

"shipping" is one of the most ridiculous terms I've ever heard of!

Just reminding you to keep any April Fool's pranks physically safe, politically balanced and racially accessible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Have ye heard, all dogs are blue now?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

wprathead wrote: »
    Have ye heard, all dogs are blue now?

and all dogs are male and all cats are female!

have you ever seen a cat penis?

• Advertisement

Just felt I needed to introduce you guys to some of the more "interesting" parts of the Community fandom :pac:

Season 5 starts on Sony TV on April 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

phasers wrote: »
    The only couple I ever "shipped" was Dwight and Angela on the Office <3

I guess I 'shipped' back in the day. Sometimes I still think the most emotional kiss of my life was at the end of And The Rock Cried Out No Hiding Place.

Don't tell me you all forgot!

I loved it, the run of excellent episodes continues. I loved the Joe names Buzz Kill, Fourth Wall, Three Ships, just brilliant.
    I laughed aloud at GI Jobra.

My favourite exchange
    Chang (reading the label): Choi yah ming etc etc
    Shirley (grabbing the label): It's Korean!!
    Chang: What am I?
    Everyone: Chinese!!
    Chang (sullenly): Are you sure, I feel Korean

It was pretty great, though I guess it would have been much better if I had grown up watching GI-Joe cartoons.

Some great jokes and I loved the cuts to the toy commercials. I do think I missed some of the gi joe themed jokes cos I've never seen the show but it was still great.

Duncans twin brother was my favourite gag though, I've missed him!

And I would buy all those toys in a second.

Having only ever seen one episode I did recognise some of the characters, even the ones that showed up just to get punched/killed. But there were definitely references that went completely over my head.

The episode did remind me somewhat of Life on Mars.

The episode did remind me somewhat of Life on Mars.

Yeh me to. In the middle of the episode did anybody else catch the very brief flash of everyone gathered round Jeff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I think it was probably the weakest episode of the season. Not to say it was that bad, just my least favourite. I've never seen any GI Joe, so maybe I couldn't appreciate a lot of the humour. The character names were funny, and I got a few of the jokes, it just didn't really click for me. The ending felt too abrupt as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement