Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I actually thought season 4 was good

:eek:
    Are you the guy who fired Dan Harmon after season 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Yesterday at the Correspondents Dinner, where Joel McHale was host:
    Obama wrote:
    "On Community, Joel plays a preening, self-obsessed narcissist. So this dinner must be a change of pace for you.”

Barrack better sign an executive order for #SixSeasonsAndAMovie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

The fate of community will be announced within the next 24-48 hours..
    dun dun dun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

rewatched season 5 there, there are some fantastic lines I didn't hear first time around. Shirley is hilarious in episode 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The fate of community will be announced within the next 24-48 hours..
    dun dun dun.

It will be renewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It will be renewed.

Is that a prediction or do you know!?

DON'T PLAY WITH OUR EMOTIONS!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭alroley

Chris McKenna seems to think it will be cancelled.

https://twitter.com/cpmckenna

It never looked good, and look how far it has made it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I don't know, Chris McKenna's tweets are making me a bit nervous...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Chris McKenna ‏@cpmckenna 18h

@AltNationNet @nbc @Sony @danharmon Community is dead. Pick a new show to make unthreatening threats about.

:eek:

Chris McKenna @cpmckenna

@AltNationNet Late night fatalism based on negative whispers. I should never presume anything regarding this show.

:cool:

Tumblr_ltapb9vyNx1qf9ojzo1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

If it dies, it dies. 5 seasons is more than anyone had any right to expect from this show; better to go out on a high, as this fifth run did, than sputter on.

If it is cancelled, I'd also prefer if it stays that way and fans don’t adopt it as a cause, shouting to bring back the show. I look to something like the 4th series of Arrested Development and think that sometimes when a TV series kicks the bucket, it should stay that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭alroley

pixelburp wrote: »
    If it dies, it dies. 5 seasons is more than anyone had any right to expect from this show; better to go out on a high, as this fifth run did, than sputter on.

If it is cancelled, I'd also prefer if it stays that way and fans don’t adopt it as a cause, shouting to bring back the show. I look to something like the 4th series of Arrested Development and think that sometimes when a TV series kicks the bucket, it should stay that way.

I feel like it needs another season though. Now, not like 10 years later like Arrested Development.

I want a proper ending for Community.

pixelburp wrote: »

AD's situation is a bit different. It was off the air for like 8 years. If they can get Community picked up on a different network not long after it's cancelled it can still remain the same as it was.

The biggest problem Community is facing is that NBC has nearly 20 comedy pilots ready to go. They are desperate for a break out 22 minute comedy hit and the abysmal failure of all their onscreen comedies must be grating. If they axe Community then they lose one of the few comedies they have that gets respectable numbers.

I'd actually like it if Community didn't get renewed. The most recent season would be the best way to end the show, which is a wonderful thing in a world where a lot of shows don't even get to finish their season before being cancelled. The hanging danger is always going to be there - best they go out on a high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm hopeful for a renewal, I think a final season to wrap things up properly would be great. It needs to be announced as a final season though, none of this toss-up crap that we've had for so long.

Somewhere Richard Dower is reading this thread and dieing to rereg so he can tells us how he called a cancellation years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Somewhere Richard Dower is reading this thread and dieing to rereg so he can tells us how he called a cancellation years ago.

Wasnt he already here in another form?

miralize wrote: »
    Wasnt he already here in another form?

He was but he closed his account down.

• Advertisement

Last ep of season 5 would be a decent season finale, but damn it I want more Community. One more season, even if it's just 13 episodes. And like phasers says, make it the final season so they can end it properly.

Posters on reddit are making me nervous though. Lots of negative whisperings on twitter apparently.

Don't forget the movie ;)

I thought we would have had an announcement by now. It's been over 48 hours since the tweet that said 24-48 hours.

Every time this thread gets bumped Im opening it with one eye closed

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Every time this thread gets bumped Im opening it with one eye closed
    Especially when it's right next to the "Renewed/Cancelled" thread...

From Reddit

Waiting for the announcement about the renewal feels a bit like this...

5X5_Abed_and_lava.jpg

The NBC upfront meeting is on Monday so at the very latest we'll know by then. SVU's renewal was announced today as well as several series pickups so I think we'll know by the weekend.

I think NBC has ordered three new comedies to series so far, so that's four including Parks. About a Boy seems to be a lock for renewal so that makes five. A two hour block on Thursday and an hour on Tuesdays means there's room for one more show in the Fall. full season order anyone?? ;)

@KateAurthur

Chief Los Angeles Correspondent, BuzzFeed

I hear that #Community is NOT looking good for renewal. #NBC #Upfronts

Can we just be put out of our misery please?

We all just need to bear down and wait for news.

phasers wrote: »
    The NBC upfront meeting is on Monday so at the very latest we'll know by then. SVU's renewal was announced today as well as several series pickups so I think we'll know by the weekend.

I think NBC has ordered three new comedies to series so far, so that's four including Parks. About a Boy seems to be a lock for renewal so that makes five. A two hour block on Thursday and an hour on Tuesdays means there's room for one more show in the Fall. full season order anyone?? ;)

On reddit someone said that this time tomorrow we'll know. It was just some random poster though so they might not know.

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    We all just need to bear down and wait for news.

I'm fat doggin!!

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/nbc-picks-up-comedy-a-to-z-to-series/

Another comedy picked up by NBC. Also says:
    No more comedy pickups for now, possibly done for the day.

Does a renewal count as a pickup?

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/nbc-picks-up-comedy-a-to-z-to-series/

Another comedy picked up by NBC. Also says:

Does a renewal count as a pickup?

A pickup is a full order on a new show or a pilot AFAIK

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    A pickup is a full order on a new show or a pilot AFAIK

That's what I thought too. Still hope so.

Reddit
    [–]shufflekickkick 5 points 3 hours ago*

5 meow meow beanz in exchange for a sixth season!

:pac:

I just looked through the old thread and the season 4 renewal announcement came at 1am our time, so don't give up hope of an announcement tonight just yet!

• Advertisement

http://www.reddit.com/r/community/comments/254b0l/buzzfeed_reporter_says_sony_communitys_producer/

Still not looking good, but Sony are aggressively looking for a new network.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

'...Buzzfeed reporter'. Buzzfeed has reporters now? Hardly the most trustworthy source of news I would have thought ...

Would anyone take their reporters seriously even if they had?

The cancellation bear tweeted that all renewal/cancellation announcements would be out by tonight, so it seems like today is definitely the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I have a semi-credible source that says it'll be 5pm(ish) PST today and that it's either a renewal or a network move, but it lives. Semi-credible meaning she works in the industry but has been wrong before.

• Advertisement

I have a semi-credible source that says it'll be 5pm(ish) PST today and that it's either a renewal or a network move, but it lives. Semi-credible meaning she works in the industry but has been wrong before.

Bleh. That's not until 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Community has been cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

RIP :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

troy-barnes-eyezoom.gif

My brain can't process this news...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Says it all..

6nKunN.png

:(

not-cool.gif

RichardDower/jenjenten leaves boards and then Community is cancelled...

That can't be a coincidence...

funboys2jyugo.gif

If it doesn't get picked up by another network, we're going to have another case of Firefly where people just won't let it go without the 6th season and movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd say the possibility of it finding either another network, or a new life on Netflix isn't out of the realms of possibility surely... this time last year, I wouldn't have cared less, but Harmon really did something special this year - it'd be a shame to see it just end now!

I think we should all continue posting here every Friday. We'll start with the pilot next week and re-watch one episode a week then come here and discuss it. That way Community shall never die!

• Advertisement
Advertisement