Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've watched the first 3 seasons about 4 times, season 4 once and season 5 once. I don't see myself ever rewatching season 4 but I'll probably do a 1,2,3 and 5 rewatch before the new season starts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

People on Reddit are saying Netflix have been editing some of the episodes if anyone here can confirm?

It's Reddit so Im taking it with a large pinch of salt ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Only noticed any change in the pilot, some stuff was cut such as the 'jacket scene'. Episodes 2-12 are untouched as far as I can tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

IIRC there was an edited pilot for syndication because the original was too long to include commercials

All the other episodes should be the same.

Phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

Was rewatching with girlfriend last night (her first run through - about my 4th of season 1). I really envy her.

Anyway, this time we're watching on Netflix. I thought a few things were different in some episodes... but couldn't really put my finger on it. Then I see the last few posts and I go "Woah! I knew it!" :pac:

One sticks out - at the start of episode 107, after Troy pretends to be Annie's backpack, didn't Pierce try and do the same thing to Shirley straight after... I thought this whole scene was shown... or did I just imagine it... or was the version I obtained when it originally aired the Canadian version or something??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

psicic wrote: »
    Was rewatching with girlfriend last night (her first run through - about my 4th of season 1). I really envy her.

Anyway, this time we're watching on Netflix. I thought a few things were different in some episodes... but couldn't really put my finger on it. Then I see the last few posts and I go "Woah! I knew it!" :pac:

One sticks out - at the start of episode 107, after Troy pretends to be Annie's backpack, didn't Pierce try and do the same thing to Shirley straight after... I thought this whole scene was shown... or did I just imagine it... or was the version I obtained when it originally aired the Canadian version or something??? :confused:

You sure your memory isn't suffering side effects from the gas leak?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Are you getting confused with the episode where Pierce pulls down Shirley's pants?

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

It dawned on me during my commute today that it could have been a clips show, or extra scenes, now that I think about it. They used to put extra clips up on Youtube and show 'exclusive' clips on talk shows.

Not thinking of the pantsing episode either, but good suggestion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Just rewatching it again in preparation for Season 6, and the 'Cooperative Calligraphy' episode has to be one of the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

It dawned on me during my commute today that it could have been a clips show, or extra scenes, now that I think about it. They used to put extra clips up on Youtube and show 'exclusive' clips on talk shows.

Not thinking of the pantsing episode either, but good suggestion!

I think it's a deleted scene (the episode is actually 108 home economics), I recently rewatched the same episode and you can see Pierce is moving towards Shirley when it cuts away to Jeff in the hall, so I suspect the scene was cut for time originally and it was on the season 1 dvd or youtube as an extra.

I double checked this with a non netflix version of the episode and it still cuts so it must be an extra buried somewhere

So is the jury still out on Netflix chopping the episodes? Doesnt seem like Netflix's style at all to do it.

Don't know if this has been mentioned on here but I found out the other day that
    Steve Guttengurg
    is going to make a guest appearance this season.

Brilliant news!! Season 6 is going to air on Sony TV the day after it's released online. This means my dodgy internet connection won't be an issue.

Fair play to Shirley (Yvette) on the weight loss

noUnLbz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Did I hear somewhere that she's not going to be in the next season? Would be a shame if she wasn't.

Did I hear somewhere that she's not going to be in the next season? Would be a shame if she wasn't.

She left to take care of her sick dad. The Odd Couple is a much lighter shooting schedule, but Harmon has said that she's welcome back any time there's no bad blood or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I guess the trailer confirms Jonathan Banks and John Oliver's characters definitely won't be around. That's a real shame, they were arguably the breakout characters of season 5. Mind you, Keith David is a good replacement, his presence in most things is usually welcome :D (case in point, last weeks episode of Archer!)

Sounds like they got the Honest Trailers guy to do the voice-over too.

Edit: Also, I'm too lazy to check, but will people in the UK and Ireland have access to Yahoo video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

pixelburp wrote: »
    I guess the trailer confirms Jonathan Banks and John Oliver's characters definitely won't be around. That's a real shame, they were arguably the breakout characters of season 5. Mind you, Keith David is a good replacement, his presence in most things is usually welcome :D (case in point, last weeks episode of Archer!)

Sounds like they got the Honest Trailers guy to do the voice-over too.

Edit: Also, I'm too lazy to check, but will people in the UK and Ireland have access to Yahoo video?

Be no problem to get it online via the Hola add on for Google Chrome and set your your self to the USA on it.

Other wise its starting on the Sony TV channel on Sky the day after haveint a clue what number or what time yet but will be something stupid i guess 12 at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Trailer didn't exactly wow me.. but I don't find the trailers for the show often that impressive to be honest!

But actually - while we're on the subject - Harmontown has just been added to Netflix UK.

ht_large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Britta Britta'd her hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Sony TV is 157 on Sky, don't know about other providers. I'd guess it'll air at 6pm like previous seasons but that's just a guess.

Britta looks good. Like the new hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sony TV is 157 on Sky, don't know about other providers. I'd guess it'll air at 6pm like previous seasons but that's just a guess.

Britta looks good. Like the new hair.

If they're getting episodes the very next day, surely they'll be bumping it up to the prime-time 9pm slot... Would be ridiculous if they didn't...

If they're getting episodes the very next day, surely they'll be bumping it up to the prime-time 9pm slot... Would be ridiculous if they didn't...

10:05pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Watched all 5 seasons since it went up on Irish Netflix, finished last night expecting that was the end of it only to see its been renewed and will be on in a few weeks, fantastic news

Soon my precious.

Soon,

tumblr_ngulbmJx3O1rlb6iho1_500.gif

Watched all 5 seasons since it went up on Irish Netflix, finished last night expecting that was the end of it only to see its been renewed and will be on in a few weeks, fantastic news

Was that your first time watching it? I'm pretty jealous of anyone who gets to see it for the first time. Nice to see its presence on Netflix is having an impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Soon my precious.

Soon,

tumblr_ngulbmJx3O1rlb6iho1_500.gif[IMG][/img]
    Reported to the mods. Sorry but Annies pretty young, we try not to sexualize her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Was that your first time watching it? I'm pretty jealous of anyone who gets to see it for the first time. Nice to see its presence on Netflix is having an impact.

It was my first time watching more than an episode or two, I watched a few episodes mid first season when it aired initially but didn't get into it. Being able to watch it properly from the start was great.

Thargor wrote: »
    Reported to the mods. Sorry but Annies pretty young, we try not to sexualize her.

:)

For you good sir

One_Free_Internet351.jpg

Im wondering with the new season, is it now off to the "Online TV" section or does it stay here as it'll be airing on Sony?

It's all a bit too much for a Friday tbh

Troy-Community-Emotions.gif

IvaBigWun wrote:
    Im wondering with the new season, is it now off to the "Online TV" section or does it stay here as it'll be airing on Sony?

There's an "Online TV" section?

Someone made this iPhone cover. Pic is huge so I'll just link to it http://i.imgur.com/fx1WrAT.jpg

• Advertisement

Havent watched it myself yet but someone edited all the bloopers from all 5 seasons into one 90 minute upload!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

ONE WEEK TO GO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Relevant name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

happy-troy.gif

Am considering a rewatch of all of season 5 before Tuesday, it's sitting there all tempting on Netflix.

Oh and there's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0HFteoh2ws&feature=youtu.be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

So will the first 2 episodes be online tomorrow morning or what's the craic? Do they go up at a particular time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

They will go up 7am our time. But, YahooScreen will be geo-blocking the episodes, but you know, there are ways around it. (not sure if it's against rules to post more than that, but hoping everyone knows what i mean)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Any particular reason they're being dicks with the geo-blocking? I thought the idea was to get the Yahoo Screen brand out there by show casing their own project. Netflix release all their own produced content simultaneously to all regions.

ixoy wrote: »
    Any particular reason they're being dicks with the geo-blocking? I thought the idea was to get the Yahoo Screen brand out there by show casing their own project. Netflix release all their own produced content simultaneously to all regions.

I would think it's to do with advertising, I don't know though. I know it's not limited to just America, pretty sure a lot of Asia will be able to watch it legally too.
    It will be on SonyTV for people here and in UK at 10pm on Wednesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

alroley wrote: »
    They will go up 7am our time. But, YahooScreen will be geo-blocking the episodes, but you know, there are ways around it. (not sure if it's against rules to post more than that, but hoping everyone knows what i mean)

where did you see this? find it strange that they would release it at 3a.m. est time in the states?!

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    where did you see this? find it strange that they would release it at 3a.m. est time in the states?!

it's midnight for the west coast so makes sense.

the official community twitter posted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

scottmcb04 wrote: »

For television, you want the premiere to be a big event that as many people as possible tune in for all at once. For online streaming, you really don't particularly want that spike of bandwidth to hit all at once, so there is no incentive to release it during prime viewing hours. Viewers will trickle in at different times during the day, staggering the bandwidth a bit, and there will still be plenty of water cooler buzz for the next couple of days after.

For online content, if you say it's available on date X, there is no particular reason not to make it available at the stroke of midnight on that day. The last of the major US time zones is EST minus 3 hours (Alaska and Hawaii time zones represent less than 1% of the population). If they released midnight EST, then for a large slice of the US population it would actually be available the day before the one they advertised as the release date.

Haven't read in detail, want to avoid spoilers but it seems to be getting good feedback on reddit.

I liked both episodes a lot.
    I thought the first one began a little "off", but it was necessary.

Liked them both.

And longer episodes, whoop!

• Advertisement
Advertisement