Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby shopping

Options
  • 07-09-2013 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm 19 weeks pregnant and I have started looking at buying the bits.
    However, I have been looking in stores and they are all small/medium size shops that have just a very few selection of products. I'm living in Galway and have looked in stores there and in Athlone.
    Can anyone give a recommendation of a big super store in Ireland where u can get everything under one roof? I don't mind travelling anywhere that is worth it's while.
    I would rather get it all in one shop than going from a to b to c to d for things.
    Would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks
    Mairead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Bella baby should do most things they're in Galway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Amazon.com and kiddicare.com are good.
    A lot of people recommend Ikea too.
    Eurobaby have a good selection and there is mothercare but I don't know any big shop in Ireland with everything and watch the prices some shops charge they can be crazy and in some cases nearly twice the UK price.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Amazon.com and kiddicare.com are good.
    A lot of people recommend Ikea too.
    Eurobaby have a good selection and there is mothercare but I don't know any big shop in Ireland with everything and watch the prices some shops charge they can be crazy and in some cases nearly twice the UK price.

+1 for amazon.co.uk - we priced a travel system in the shops for 600 and found it on amazon including free delievry for 390! They have everything and just look at teh items that includee free super saver delivery to ireland. Delivery usually only takes 3-4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

Smyths / ken blacks are excellent.
    I find their prices are good too compared to the likes of mothercare etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

good deals in aldi this week!!!! thursday even!!!
    i've one week left and got things in dribs and draps... have been glad of the distraction to be honest! found myself having to dust stuff that i'd got at the start and am still a little freaked out by the wrapped up stuff waiting for a baby to arrive to be put into use!! everyone's different I know... but there's my two cents (i've never written that phrase before!!! i don't even know if it makes sense but hey.... joys of sleepless nights mumble mumble mumble .... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement