Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil : Revelations (3DS, PS3, 360, PC WiiU)

Options
  • 07-09-2013 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen it mentioned in other threads but it doesn't have it's own. Originally a 3DS game, it was widely praised for it's atmosphere & survival horror aspect and was ported over to console & PC in May.

It's currently €40 on Steam and about €25 on Amazon.

I'm just a few chapters in. It's very cool having multiple main protagonists, so it changes up the play style for each. I'm wondering - does your inventory (i.e. bullets/herbs) carry over from one sitting with (eg) Jill to the next Jill session? Or can I be more brash with bullet-use? (as long as I finish the level, it resets next time?)

Any other tips? I haven't got the hang of dodging at all :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm wondering - does your inventory (i.e. bullets/herbs) carry over from one sitting with (eg) Jill to the next Jill session? Or can I be more brash with bullet-use? (as long as I finish the level, it resets next time?) Any other tips? I haven't got the hang of dodging at all :o

In the off-chance someone else is playing this, The inventory carries over, and if you can't get into a certain door or can't reach certain goodies, you'll get a chance to revisit the room later, possibly when things are different and allow you to do so. Encountered a few bosses (the first one in particular is very cool) in the game, you die a few times but you overcome them. Have to say, really enjoying this. I love the different play-styles, but it mainly focuses on Jill in the ship,
    (which is really another mansion)
    hooray!

There's interchangeable upgrades to the weapons which adds another bit of interest. It's weird how this game is in outset quite similarly set up to Resi 6, but it's miles away (a good thing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Just started playing this on the PS3 and loving it. Would recommend to any old-school RE players.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It was the first Resi game since 4 I've really enjoyed.
    Finished it on the 3DS along with the circle pad pro.
    I now have it on the WiiU but have yet to start it again.
    But it is brilliant.
    Though, the enemies lack variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have not finished it on 3DS yet, but I got myself Wii U version too, ehich I have not even started yet. I really need to get finger out and play it as it is a Fantastic game, specially for those, who dont like the direction RE games took with RE4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Definitely worth playing! You switch between protagonists with different play-styles, I really enjoyed it. I'd go for the WiiU version over the 3DS. Lemme know how you get on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I think I got through about 60% of this game before I just couldn't take anymore. I kept doing each chapter expecting it to get better but it never did. The gameplay was extremely boring, barely anything to it just shoot shoot shoot. The characters were very badly done too, their character models look very amateur. Jill looks NOTHING like Jill and doesn't sound like her at all, either. Chris was the only one who looked, sounded and acted like he did from RE5 but that's not exactly a good thing because I thought his character was bad in that too but at least it remained consistent to this.

The plot seemed like it could've been very good if they didn't try to execute it like a bloody TV show. What a terrible way to try and do it... ruined it for me and honestly do think the story had potential to be quite scary.

Gun upgrading was done awkwardly and that scanning device felt completely unnessecary... it just made finding items even more of a chore.

About the only thing they got right in this whole thing was the sound design (not music) and Jill's arse. Graphics were very lackluster but what can you expect from a 3DS port and I didn't mind too much tbh.

Aiming wasn't not too bad as long as I disabled mouse acceleration.

Cannot recommend but some people seem to love this game's arcade mode (or whatever it's called) to the point of playing countless hours on it like my sister did so if that's your thing go nuts, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The bits with the yokes in the water drove me mad, took me months to get past that bit off and on between bouts of incandescent rage. Eventually realised I should stop being so scabby with ammunition and just shoot the m'f'rs. Great game though, on the 3DS at any rate. I got as far as a boss that
    injected himself with the bad ju-ju, mutated and kept teleporting around the place, he seemed to be able to hit me no matter whether I went close or long distance
    - I just couldn't beat that dude.... was I anywhere near the end? I really want to go back to it one day...

The arcade mode you're talking about was "Raid Mode" where you did speed runs through different maps, leveling up your character and gathering new and exotic weapons and modifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Just completed this on 3ds tonight, enjoyable game but then I enjoy all resi evils. For a handheld game it's impressive and doesn't feel scaled down or like a resi evil mini game like mercenaries did. No need for the circle pad pro, controls are good. Graphics are very good for a 3ds game. Overall good game that can be got very cheap online these days

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Got the last Res:Evil game on the PS3, think it was 5 or 6? While it got great ratings I hated the game. Always prefered the older ones like Resident Evil 2. Big Survival Horror fan and hated the more action orintated Resident Evil games. Is this one really a step back to the games of old?

Advertisement