Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milkround Offers 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Aine20

Had an interview for Auditing in Deloitte today. Thought it went reasonably well. Not getting the hopes up about an offer but I'm glad of the interview experience. It was a much more relaxed interview than any of the others I've been to and the interviewers seemed extremely friendly which made he whole thing a little easier. And it seems like a fantastic place to work. They even re-imbursed my travel expense which took me by surprise. Anyone else have an interview there today.

Had my interview last week but felt the same about them.. Also was reimbersed for travel which I didnt expect as KPMG had told me they would give me travel expenses but they never did.. Not that that matters but was nice to get something as was traveling from Carlow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

And if you don't get in with a big firm, you still get fantastic experience with smaller firms. In a lot of ways it's actually better experience in that it tends to be more diverse, so you learn more.

Oh I agree, I'm not big 4 hung up at all, in fact I know someone working as a big 4 manager now who didn't train in one. Problem is, none of the smaller firms have given me an interview!
    cat_xx wrote: »
    Was that for tax? When I heard there was only two places I wasn't feeling very confident about it! Although I was really happy with my interview and I had been speaking to my interviewer at the presentation for ages.

Im in the same boat feeling really rejected! Didn't realise this would be so tough.

Yep, tax.

Yeah, it's especially demoralising when you here people say it's easy to get in and they take on everybody. Er, no they don't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Yep, tax.

Yeah, it's especially demoralising when you here people say it's easy to get in and they take on everybody. Er, no they don't!

That's me out so! I have an interview with Baker Tilly on wed so hopefully that will go my way.

They will be recruiting again next feb-march. I remember there being a lot of tax jobs that time last year so all hope is not lost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Was that for tax? When I heard there was only two places I wasn't feeling very confident about it! Although I was really happy with my interview and I had been speaking to my interviewer at the presentation for ages.

Im in the same boat feeling really rejected! Didn't realise this would be so tough.

I'm in the same boat with Deloitte and pwc, I haven't heard anything. But that doesn't mean I didn't get anything and there will also be the 2nd round. I think you should keep you options open unless you have a really definite career path. I had an interview with Bank of America (London) today which almost makes completely forget about the big 4. I have Kerry group on Thursday, and Glanbia and Barclays on Friday. The main thing is to try to edge your bed as best as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Demba Baaaaa

Any one know which firms (if any) give tax trainees the option of studying for just the ITI exams rather than having to do both the ACA and ITI?

Any one know which firms (if any) give tax trainees the option of studying for just the ITI exams rather than having to do both the ACA and ITI?

PWC and BDO, as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

My friend got an offer from them today.

Have to admit, I'm feeling a bit down by all the offers flying around the place both on here and amongst my friends and classmates. Feel like such a reject. Seriously questioning whether attempting to change careers was a huge mistake for me.

Ah sure im looking at Milk round number 3 without an offer so dont feel down the right offer for you is around the corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

Oh I agree, I'm not big 4 hung up at all, in fact I know someone working as a big 4 manager now who didn't train in one. Problem is, none of the smaller firms have given me an interview!

Yep, tax.

I have gotten all rejections! least you had one so dont lose all hope and this is my 2nd year applying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭spillit67

Ah I'll be disappointed if BDO has slipped away, no news from them yet either.

What did you apply for in BDO?

• Advertisement

What did you apply for in BDO?

Audit

spillit67 wrote: »
    Ah I'll be disappointed if BDO has slipped away, no news from them yet either.

What area did you apply for?

EDIT: Never mind, already answered. :)

spillit67, there are 30 BDO places, and only 2 of those were for tax, so I wouldn't give up just yet!

Got an email back from my KPMG partner interviewer.

Paraphrasing: "You absolutely passed but it came down to numbers. I wanted to call you to discuss it today. I'd like to call you tomorrow if you can give me a time that suits".

The exquisite pain of it all! :) But, nah, I'm actually quite happy with her response. It's not bad considering it was my first ever accountancy interview, and I am coming from a very different field.

Could be worse, it's actually made me feel encouraged. :)

Got an email back from my KPMG partner interviewer.

Paraphrasing: "You absolutely passed but it came down to numbers. I wanted to call you to discuss it today. I'd like to call you tomorrow if you can give me a time that suits".

The exquisite pain of it all! :) But, nah, I'm actually quite happy with her response. It's not bad considering it was my first ever accountancy interview, and I am coming from a very different field.

Could be worse, it's actually made me feel encouraged. :)

That was really nice of her to reply!

• Site Banned Posts: 64 ✭✭Rick Rod

One of my buddies is claiming to be starting in thirty thousand snots at PWC. Is that realistic ?

That was really nice of her to reply!

And to arrange to phone me! Yeah, I feel quite content now. My gut is always right and I knew I hadn't made the cut.

Rick Rod wrote: »
    One of my buddies is claiming to be starting in thirty thousand snots at PWC. Is that realistic ?

No. Not for audit or tax anyway. Maybe consulting or tech positions are higher? Anyone know?

And to arrange to phone me! Yeah, I feel quite content now. My gut is always right and I knew I hadn't made the cut.

KPMG will recruit again for next september so maybe you will be shortlisted! It's definitely better knowing whether it be good or bad then having to wait around and constantly check your phone!

KPMG will recruit again for next september so maybe you will be shortlisted! It's definitely better knowing whether it be good or bad then having to wait around and constantly check your phone!

I'm glad I contacted her. The feedback should be a great help.

I'd encourage anyone who is unsuccessful in this round to do the same!

• Advertisement

spillit67, there are 30 BDO places, and only 2 of those were for tax, so I wouldn't give up just yet!

Ah yea, haven't heard from PWC either and I had my interview on Thursday. Feeling angsty.

The process is a nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 khan1

My friend and I had an interview at EY today for the Assurance department. Same partners took our interview. He got a call tonight and got accepted but I havent got a call. Does this mean that I'll be getting a rejection email in the morning or do you think there is still a chance of me getting accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nivniv90

I think there was actually 5 places for tax in BDO! One of the current tax trainees said it tge night of the presentation!

nivniv90 wrote: »
    I think there was actually 5 places for tax in BDO! One of the current tax trainees said it tge night of the presentation!

I heard 5 places and 2 places from different people! Hopefully they will be ringing tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nivniv90

I heard 5 places and 2 places from different people! Hopefully they will be ringing tomorrow :D

Ya it's a good sign if you haven't gotten a rejection email or anything!!! I got a phone call today offering me a job!!! So relieved!

nivniv90 wrote: »
    Ya it's a good sign if you haven't gotten a rejection email or anything!!! I got a phone call today offering me a job!!! So relieved!

Well done! I have a feeling though everyone got their offers today! O well :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 unknown1990

Has anyone heard nothing from kpmg audit? I had my interview last Thursday and would have expected at least a rejection by now?

Has anyone heard nothing from kpmg audit? I had my interview last Thursday and would have expected at least a rejection by now?

They send out letters apparently.

Well, got my feedback. It was great, really.

I was very nearly there. I've been asked to check back with them in January, as they might not fill all the places with the offers they have made.

The main problem is my "newness" in the field, but I am considered an interesting candidate. I wish there was somewhere I could pick up some unpaid work experience. :-/ I have Fridays off every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 RN001

I had an interview nearly two weeks ago....they said we wouldn't hear until the end of last week but I have heard nothing either way!

RN001 wrote: »
    I had an interview nearly two weeks ago....they said we wouldn't hear until the end of last week but I have heard nothing either way!

Definitely get in touch to see what the story is. Enough time has passed. If even to just get some feedback!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

Rick Rod wrote: »

What department? If it's Audit or Tax that's certainly not true. Consulting on the other hand they pay closer to that mark. I know the starting wage in Accenture is 32k for Consultants so I'd imagine the Big 4 are paying around that mark to remain competitive.

Definitely get in touch to see what the story is. Enough time has passed. If even to just get some feedback!

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I know a few people who applied for the same job and a few other departments who are yet to hear back so I was going to give it until the end of the week!

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I know a few people who applied for the same job and a few other departments who are yet to hear back so I was going to give it until the end of the week!

What company was it?

What company was it?

It was Mazars

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Aine20

Got my KPMG offer in the post today they dont specify which office/dept in dublin that you wil be in.. They have last years salary of 21500 down but say it may be changed next year

It was Mazars

They seem slow enough to get back to people from what I hear.

They seem slow enough to get back to people from what I hear.

Yeah I would really like to know either way now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Cant believe PWC, Deloitte and EY haven't still had the manners to let me know my offer has application declined

bs2014 wrote: »
    Cant believe PWC, Deloitte and EY haven't still had the manners to let me know my offer has application declined

I still haven't heard anything from deloitte!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Accounting13

Have offers for PwC and Deloitte, both in audit. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on either of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Tralalalala

I had a second-round interview with Mazars today and they said that because they'd had so many applications this year (thousands, apparently) it would be the beginning of next week before we hear. That's a bit **** on you, though!

I had a second-round interview with Mazars today and they said that because they'd had so many applications this year (thousands, apparently) it would be the beginning of next week before we hear. That's a bit **** on you, though!

Was that for consultancy? I went for Tax but they said it would only be one interview...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tralalalala

Yups, consultancy. She made it sound like they wouldn't be getting back to anyone till then, though - they hardly got thousands of interviews for consultancy alone. So if you haven't heard otherwise, I'd say you're still in there!

Yups, consultancy. She made it sound like they wouldn't be getting back to anyone till then, though - they hardly got thousands of interviews for consultancy alone. So if you haven't heard otherwise, I'd say you're still in there!

Ha Thanks, I hope so! How did you get on with your interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

Got my rejection from e&y tax but have been short listed if anything comes up, sure that's a positive thing? Or should I just take it as a nice way if no?

jus_tin4 wrote: »
    Got my rejection from e&y tax but have been short listed if anything comes up, sure that's a positive thing? Or should I just take it as a nice way if no?

No, it's a good thing. Think about it, EY sends out offers to people. Some of those people might have received several offers. They can't accept them all. Then some spots become available again. :) Believe me, if you had fúcked up the interview, they wouldn't be telling you that you were shortlisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LunarSFX

No, it's a good thing. Think about it, EY sends out offers to people. Some of those people might have received several offers. They can't accept them all. Then some spots become available again. :) Believe me, if you had fúcked up the interview, they wouldn't be telling you that you were shortlisted.

No rejection email or offer phone call yet for me.. Should I still be hopeful then?? :-(

LunarSFX wrote: »
    No rejection email or offer phone call yet for me.. Should I still be hopeful then?? :-(

Dunno. :) I'm confused about whether Justin had an interview or not.

Its been 31.5 hours and counting: Silence from EY! Ruined my life is, it is I tells you. Ru-ined!

• Advertisement

Its been 31.5 hours and counting: Silence from EY! Ruined my life is, it is I tells you. Ru-ined!

Advertisement