Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milkround Offers 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Accounting13

PFO Mazars email this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

Dunno. :) I'm confused about whether Justin had an interview or not.

ha no interview thats why incompletely confused how to take it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

jus_tin4 wrote: »
    ha no interview thats why incompletely confused how to take it!

Hmm, well it means you might get interviewed in round two. But I would contact them to enquire.

When I got my EY rejection, there was no mention of shortlisting, it merely said that I didn't match the strengths they looked for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

Sure its finally something positive outside of the rejections!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Has anyone gotten an offer in the days after their interview? All of the people I've spoken to got theirs on the day/night they did the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭spillit67

AdamD wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten an offer in the days after their interview? All of the people I've spoken to got theirs on the day/night they did the interview.

Probably the first round they give out. Once they get rejections they'll have more places, I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Obrieski

FS with EY or normal audit with PwC..tough choice considering I was preferring EY from the start..very hard to make a decision without the week timeframe given by EY! Anyone else in a similar position or how have they decided?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

spillit67 wrote: »
    Probably the first round they give out. Once they get rejections they'll have more places, I presume.

So if you don't hear on the first day after interview you're probably not going to get offered a job in this round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭spillit67

So if you don't hear on the first day after interview you're probably not going to get offered a job in this round?

I'm just guessing tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

has anyone heard from FGS or Baker Tilly for tax yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 moneyonmymind

anyone know the procedure for accepting an offer?i was asked for "certificate for degree". is that my results or the cert you get when you graduate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

jus_tin4 wrote: »
    Got my rejection from e&y tax but have been short listed if anything comes up, sure that's a positive thing? Or should I just take it as a nice way if no?

I got this aswel!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tralalalala

RN001 wrote: »
    Ha Thanks, I hope so! How did you get on with your interview?

Doubt I got it, to be honest, but I'm happy enough to have got to the second round. I was asked to predict my results in the personality tests we had to do, so that was a bit odd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Obrieski wrote: »
    FS with EY or normal audit with PwC..tough choice considering I was preferring EY from the start..very hard to make a decision without the week timeframe given by EY! Anyone else in a similar position or how have they decided?
    If I was given a choice, I wouldn't want to work for EY. Having said that I wouldn't turn them down if they were my only offer.

scheister wrote: »
    has anyone heard from FGS or Baker Tilly for tax yet?

I have an interview for baker Tilly tax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

cat_xx wrote: »
    I have an interview for baker Tilly tax

:( ah feck it

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LunarSFX

Well I got the EY no-offer this morning. Alas, I'm still alive! I thought I was going to spontaneously combust.

LunarSFX wrote: »
    Well I got the EY no-offer this morning. Alas, I'm still alive! I thought I was going to spontaneously combust.

When did you have the interview?

Still nothing from BDO expecting a pfo at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SarahK120

Obrieski wrote: »

IF you need more time, just phone EY; they're really sound and will give you a few extra days. That's what I did as I had so many assignments when my contract came.

To nbe honest, they were really nice so that kinda made the decision quite easy.... I went with EY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 LunarSFX

When did you have the interview?

Monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tralalalala

I got the 'you've been shortlisted' email from EY too. Weird since I didn't even get asked to do the online tests!

I got the 'you've been shortlisted' email from EY too. Weird since I didn't even get asked to do the online tests!

I got an outright rejection from them the day after the application closed and then got that email last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Aine20

Same here ha wouldnt wana work for them anyway from what iv heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Aine20 wrote: »
    Same here ha wouldnt wana work for them anyway from what iv heard
    What have you heard?

AdamD wrote: »
    What have you heard?

Just that theyre a very serious place all about the work theres no fun there now I dont know thats only what iv heard from someone who works in thenaccounting field

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SDH11

I know it was touched on a few posts ago but done an interview for BDO on Friday still haven't heard from them? Is that a good sign I suppose no news is good news? Has anyone still not heard anything??

SDH11 wrote: »
    I know it was touched on a few posts ago but done an interview for BDO on Friday still haven't heard from them? Is that a good sign I suppose no news is good news? Has anyone still not heard anything??

I haven't heard anything either! It's not looking good I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Obrieski

Decided to accept a role in FS with EY. Delighted the decision has been made and no more worries except for exams!!

Wishing everyone else the very best of luck and keep positive, things will work out for ye all and it's amazing how time changes things. If you told me a year ago I would be accepting a place in a Big 4 firm I would have told you to go a mental hospital. Best of luck guys and who knows, we may be colleagues in the near future!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 SDH11

Ah right! Looks like that's that so, looks like I'll have to go to my fall back of male modelling. I'll be honest the prospect are looking bleak. Cheers for the response anyway!

Not sure if this is the right place for this query, but did anyone apply to William Fry for a tax traineeship? If so, have you heard anything back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nivniv90

I went for the tax interview and I got a call Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Demba Baaaaa

Anyone hear back from Mazars yet? Interviewed for Tax last week but heard nothing since

Some may think this is a silly question but does anyone know much about the college/lecture side of a graduate programme for any of the big 4?

Ah right! Looks like that's that so, looks like I'll have to go to my fall back of male modelling. I'll be honest the prospect are looking bleak. Cheers for the response anyway!

PFO from BDO this evening! :(

• Advertisement

Deloitte PFO, step on up! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Just got my PFO email from deloitte! No major shock after so long waiting!

William Fry PFO - damn. :(

bs2014 wrote: »
    Just got my PFO email from deloitte! No major shock after so long waiting!

did u have an interview? i did,no word yet so presuming its a no but hoping i am in the second round of picks!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

did u have an interview? i did,no word yet so presuming its a no but hoping i am in the second round of picks!

I would hold out a bit of hope. I interviewed earlier this week and was told I wouldn't hear one way or the other until early next week.

• Advertisement

I would hold out a bit of hope. I interviewed earlier this week and was told I wouldn't hear one way or the other until early next week.

cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 CommerceKid

I received offers both for PwC and Deloitte audit but I honestly cannot decide between the 2 and would love some extra advice in terms of what others thought?

I'm leaning more towards PwC for personal reasons really but would love to hear from you all on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Minji

From my experience, I would go for Deloitte. It's also the global biggest one. I don't know about PwC but Deloitte staffs don't bear much pressure.

I went for an interview for Deloitte last monday and haven't heard anything back. From reading this page it seems that a lot of the offers tended to be given out within a day of the interview. Are offers still given out beyond that? Or would it be safe to assume that there's a high likelihood I won't be offered a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Minji

I am in the same situation, even worst. My interview was 2 weeks ago, but I haven't received PFO mail.

Yeah I know what you mean, have a feeling I'll be doing plenty more waiting too. If I thought there were a few people that had received offers well after their interview I might at least have some hope

Did any have a first round interview with Baker Tilly? Still haven't heard back. Wasn't happy with how I did in my interview so I doubt i'll get a call back!

Something I was wondering: is the Big 4 salary 21500/22500* for Dublin, or is it higher? Seems that salary would go way farther in Limerick/Cork/Galway/general down the country.

* Masters salary

• Registered Users Posts: 20 CommerceKid

Minji wrote: »
    From my experience, I would go for Deloitte. It's also the global biggest one. I don't know about PwC but Deloitte staffs don't bear much pressure.

When you say your experience have you worked at the firms yourself?
    I know Deloitte is the biggest out of the four globally, but supposedly PwC has the biggest auditing department out of the four in Ireland.

Yes, Ive heard that Deloitte staff are much friendlier but i didn't find PwC staff to be anything but friendly also.

Is their really much difference between any of them, and would my decision really bear that much significants in terms of my future career? I don't think it really will as both are very reputable, but am I missing something big here?
    Something I was wondering: is the Big 4 salary 21500/22500* for Dublin, or is it higher? Seems that salary would go way farther in Limerick/Cork/Galway/general down the country.

* Masters salary

Having been offered a position at Deloitte Dublin it said current rate was 21500 but that is subject to change - but i think it will remain fairly consistent with that figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

* Masters salary

Most of the big 4 offer those in the regional office a slightly lower salary to their counterparts in Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement