Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milkround Offers 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Has anyone received PFOs from Deloitte or EY yet?

These are the 2 PFOs im still waiting on!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 trooperdx31171

Just got back from KPMG interview, it wen't alright i'd say! The business exercise was fine just a bit about why you want to work for KPMG and a bit about your commercial awareness really. Interviews were fine they mostly went through some stuff on my application and asked me one or two tricky questions about my work experience like "When have you had to do something outside the norm" which was tough.
    First interview is with a manager he wasn't very happy about some of my college grades so I had to explain that away to him and he seemed happy enough he told me I did a good interview.
    Second interview is with a partner he'll look at your business exercise and dig down even more into your application. We had a bit of a chat it was grand and he said he hope's to see me again soon so fingers crossed anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Aine20

Just got back from KPMG interview, it wen't alright i'd say! The business exercise was fine just a bit about why you want to work for KPMG and a bit about your commercial awareness really. Interviews were fine they mostly went through some stuff on my application and asked me one or two tricky questions about my work experience like "When have you had to do something outside the norm" which was tough.
    First interview is with a manager he wasn't very happy about some of my college grades so I had to explain that away to him and he seemed happy enough he told me I did a good interview.
    Second interview is with a partner he'll look at your business exercise and dig down even more into your application. We had a bit of a chat it was grand and he said he hope's to see me again soon so fingers crossed anyway!!

Hi im new on here have a Deloitte and KPMG interview tomorrow in Dublin offices any tips kindly appreciated :)

Aine20 wrote: »
    Hi im new on here have a Deloitte and KPMG interview tomorrow in Dublin offices any tips kindly appreciated :)

No problem! Know of your application form and be ready to talk about whats on it especially work experience and challenges you faced when working. They'll ask you a bit about why you chose your particular service line.
    You'll get a few questions that are pretty purposely made to try and throw off a bit don't worry have some water if you need a moment.
    Also be prepared to have a company ready that you can talk about why you think its successful and be able to talk a bit about the Irish economy. I got a question about what would I do to fix the economy so have something talk about with that anyway.
    I'd say after that its all about yourself and keeping conversation going, good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 xiongnu

Had my KPMG interview today as well, pretty nervous awaiting the result.
    I felt it went well but the interviews were very personal and probing, there wasn't much company/economy talk. I also didn't get a single competency question...

No problem! Know of your application form and be ready to talk about whats on it especially work experience and challenges you faced when working. They'll ask you a bit about why you chose your particular service line.
    You'll get a few questions that are pretty purposely made to try and throw off a bit don't worry have some water if you need a moment.
    Also be prepared to have a company ready that you can talk about why you think its successful and be able to talk a bit about the Irish economy. I got a question about what would I do to fix the economy so have something talk about with that anyway.
    I'd say after that its all about yourself and keeping conversation going, good luck!!

Thanks for that im really nervous even though i have done an interview with PWC and been offered the place but that interview only lasted 30 minutes and was more like a chat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Anyone that applied to BDO did you fill out forms for both Dublin and Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Minji

Any one got offer from Deloitte? I am painfully waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Minji wrote: »
    Any one got offer from Deloitte? I am painfully waiting

When was your interview? Hope it went well. You usually don't hear for 2-3 days from whay I've been reading. Any tips in terms of questions? Does the whole thing last long? I read an hour and a half in my e-mail but surely that's just them covering themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Minji

When was your interview? Hope it went well. You usually don't hear for 2-3 days from whay I've been reading. Any tips in terms of questions? Does the whole thing last long? I read an hour and a half in my e-mail but surely that's just them covering themselves?

I got mine yesterday afternoon. I don't think it went well. 50 mins with 2 managers and 20 mins with p.ner. Traditional questions why Deloitte? Why audit? Very informal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Obrieski

Had EY today, long day with breakfast at 8 and then 2 one-on-one interviews. Delighted to say got a phone call about 9 o clock this evening saying I had been accepted. EY was my first choice so delighted with result. Have PwC and KPMG still to do so still gonna try them out and see how that goes, interview technique and also to see how I get on but also incase I change my mind. Interviews nowehere near as daunting as they are made out, yes tough and need to prepare, but the guys I've had so far have been really friendly and know the position you're in. Be confident and as a previous poster said, make sure you fill you water up at the start!
    Best of luck folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Anyone that applied to BDO did you fill out forms for both Dublin and Limerick?

I just applied to Dublin. Im sure you could apply to both. Were you at the presentation this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 easylad

Obrieski wrote: »
    Had EY today, long day with breakfast at 8 and then 2 one-on-one interviews. Delighted to say got a phone call about 9 o clock this evening saying I had been accepted. EY was my first choice so delighted with result. Have PwC and KPMG still to do so still gonna try them out and see how that goes, interview technique and also to see how I get on but also incase I change my mind. Interviews nowehere near as daunting as they are made out, yes tough and need to prepare, but the guys I've had so far have been really friendly and know the position you're in. Be confident and as a previous poster said, make sure you fill you water up at the start!
    Best of luck folks!

Any tips for EY as u just did it today? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭RomanGod

Hey anyone who had an interview for Mazars get an offer yet? I think the interviews are finishing up this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tralalalala

I interviewed for consultancy and had my intervew on Tuesday. Got a phonecall yesterday to say I was through to the second round. I think the second round is only for consulting, so not sure how helpful that is to you! There were tax people being interviewed on Tuesday morning as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

How would using the same example 2-3 times in different questions go down in an interview? For example, in situation X I might have shown a number of different competencies in different ways. Would I be expected to have entirely different situations/activities to drawn on for each question? I'm really struggling to remember things I can draw on.

easylad wrote: »
    Any tips for EY as u just did it today? :)

2 interviews, first with manager about 45 mins long. Second with partner for about half an hour.

EY have a set list of questions they follow off a sheet, stuff like, leadership, communication etc. Have examples of everything.
    Partner was a little bit more personal, more of a chat. Bit more on why EY, why your area, how would your friends describe you, good and bad points.

How would using the same example 2-3 times in different questions go down in an interview? For example, in situation X I might have shown a number of different competencies in different ways. Would I be expected to have entirely different situations/activities to drawn on for each question? I'm really struggling to remember things I can draw on.

I repeatedly used the same examples during my interview, I even said I know I'm repeating myself but this example also proves this point besides me using it in the past. Interviewer said that it was fine as I was talking so I wouldn't see it as an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Salmon2013

Received offers from Deloitte and KPMG today :D
    Tips for anyone interviewing - be yourself and be honest don't bother learn off answers. Enjoy the interview and try to have a bit of craic with the interviewer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 moneyonmymind

Salmon2013 wrote: »
    Received offers from Deloitte and KPMG today :D
    Tips for anyone interviewing - be yourself and be honest don't bother learn off answers. Enjoy the interview and try to have a bit of craic with the interviewer!

do you mind saying when you had your deloitte interview?had mine yesterday so trying to gauge when i stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

BDO sending of PFO for tax this evening looks like it could be BDO limerick to save my milkround for 2nd year in a row

Had my PWC interview this morning very tough interview I thought definitely thought I blew it when I came out but I got a call from the interview director this afternoon and they offered me a contract! Absolutely delighted!!! My advice is if they ask you tough questions stay calm and answer as best you can and remember to stay positive as well! Really important!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Received offers from Deloitte and KPMG today

This isn't good for me. :( Just had my interview and she said they won't be making offers (Tax, IFSC Dublin) until they have a meeting next week where everyone fights their corner for their candidate. But people are already getting offers from them (maybe other areas) so I think they might have been telling me something there. She said she didn't really have much of an angle to fight for me in the IFSC but could recommend me for another area in Stoke's Place KPMG. Not sure what to make of that at all. :-/

She asked what other firms I applied to and to keep applying. Eek, all in all, not good. :( And that was my only interview...

It was a very tough interview, I thought, very probing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sololo

Hey does anyone know if when you're offered a contract if it will be dependent on getting a 2.1 degree ? For one of the big four companies ... Or is it offer won't for each one !?

Had my Deloitte and KPMG interviews today and got a call from Deloitte this evening offering me a place.. Cant believe it was so soon :)

• Advertisement

Had my Deloitte and KPMG interviews today and got a call from Deloitte this evening offering me a place.. Cant believe it was so soon :)

which area do you apply for?

which area do you apply for?

I applyed for audit department

I applyed for audit department
    ]]

cheers and congrats! i applied for tax so i still might have a chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KaleidoJ

Hey

Just want to know when did you have your Deloitte interview before you got their call?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

KaleidoJ wrote: »
    Hey

Just want to know when did you have your Deloitte interview before you got their call?

Thanks.

Did you not read her post? She said that her interview was today and she got an offer this evening :confused:

Congrats to all

• Advertisement

Hey

Thanks.

My interview was first thing this morning and got a call at around half 4

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KaleidoJ

My interview was first thing this morning and got a call at around half 4
    Thank you.
    Mine was at 2pm. No reply yet.
    Just want to know whether do I still have a chance.

Thank you.
    Mine was at 2pm. No reply yet.
    Just want to know whether do I still have a chance.

I was told offers can go on until mid to late november so I wouldnt worry :)

do you mind saying when you had your deloitte interview?had mine yesterday so trying to gauge when i stand
    I had mine on Wednesday morning....
    This isn't good for me. :( Just had my interview and she said they won't be making offers (Tax, IFSC Dublin) until they have a meeting next week where everyone fights their corner for their candidate. But people are already getting offers from them (maybe other areas) so I think they might have been telling me something there. She said she didn't really have much of an angle to fight for me in the IFSC but could recommend me for another area in Stoke's Place KPMG. Not sure what to make of that at all. :-/

She asked what other firms I applied to and to keep applying. Eek, all in all, not good. :( And that was my only interview...

It was a very tough interview, I thought, very probing.
    Mine was for audit in Dublin but was a regional interview.... Wouldn't be too worried it seems audit are hearing back from everyone first...

Was at the PwC dinner tonight, expect it to be a tough interview managers seemed quite probing even at the dinner....

I had mine on Wednesday morning....

Mine was for audit in Dublin but was a regional interview.... Wouldn't be too worried it seems audit are hearing back from everyone first...

Was at the PwC dinner tonight, expect it to be a tough interview managers seemed quite probing even at the dinner....

thanks for the update,good luck with the pwc interview

Got my Mazars PFO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Got an offer from EY last night, only a couple of hours after the interview. On the phone they said I have a week to respond to it, is that true? I had heard that we have until December.

BDO interview this morning I thought it went well. Not going to hold my breath about though as there are only a few places.

Got mazars pfo and an email from EY saying I have been short listed next time they are recruiting due to my achievements. Anyone else get this?

cat_xx wrote: »
    and an email from EY saying I have been short listed next time they are recruiting due to my achievements. Anyone else get this?

No, what do they mean by that? :confused:

No, what do they mean by that? :confused:

It says I'm on their interview short list if circumstances change with other graduates!

• Advertisement

cat_xx wrote: »
    It says I'm on their interview short list if circumstances change with other graduates!

Oh, that's pretty cool. Second round kinda thing.

Oh, that's pretty cool. Second round kinda thing.

My friend got one of them from kpmg last year and heard nothing from them so I won't be counting on it anyway!

AdamD wrote: »
    Got an offer from EY last night, only a couple of hours after the interview. On the phone they said I have a week to respond to it, is that true? I had heard that we have until December.

Yeah was wondering about that myself! Seems like they want it tied up pretty quick but doesn't give you much time if you're waiting for any other potential offers that may come in!

AdamD wrote: »

Congrats!!!
    That's EY just not really playing fairly. The institute say all offers have to be out by 22nd of November and then accepted by around the 7th of December. Having received offers from Deloitte, KPMG and PwC, I know that all of them are giving us the recommended time to accept which is good as it allows us review the contracts and see which firm suits us best.

One EY PFO, straight up! Le sigh. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭RomanGod

Just wondering so I did my first interview with Mazars there on Thursday, I though't it went really well and they were really nice so im wondering how long does it normally take for them to get back to you on whether their going to make you an offer or not?

Did you hear back yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Oh the bane of the college recruiting calendar. Big ball of sh1te licking up to those Big 4 organisations if you ask me.

Oh the bane of the college recruiting calendar. Big ball of sh1te licking up to those Big 4 organisations if you ask me.

I agree. You really do have to brown nose them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

The only reason they make profit is through the provision of services to fill legal obligation, then charge an exorbitant fee to the companies for it. Its a filthy business.

• Advertisement

TBH, I think my slight world-weariness, due to graduating a few years back and being out in the world of work since did me no favours in my KPMG interview. I think they prefer their candidates a bit more wet behind the ears and moldable. :D

Advertisement