Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Noise

Options
  • 07-09-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking at The Ward/St Margarets as a possabilities.

Does anyone live here and could they give any indication on the level of noise pollution from the airport?

In Santry now and its not too bad but given the flight path, am wondering if it is alot worse

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I would imagine it is much worse, under the flight path of planes taking off, when they are at their loudest, although exact locations will be relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭ted1

With noise you get used to it very fast and can filter it out. I have friends whose house backs on to the DART track and they quickly learnt to filter it out. When I'm over with them I can hear it but they can't

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I would try it on different days, with different weather conditions. the way the wind blows changes the runways and directions that aircraft take off.
    ted1 wrote: »
    With noise you get used to it very fast and can filter it out. I have friends whose house backs on to the DART track and they quickly learnt to filter it out. When I'm over with them I can hear it but they can't
    Railway noise can be different to airport noise. With railway noise, it gradually builds and declines, and there isn't usually a sharp increase / decrease in noise, which is what creates the most disturbance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Victor wrote: »
    Railway noise can be different to airport noise. With railway noise, it gradually builds and declines, and there isn't usually a sharp increase / decrease in noise, which is what creates the most disturbance.

I work with a few people from beside the airport and they got so used to the noise they used to wonder why they relations would be constantly looking up. My sister moved close a few years ago and is used to it.

But like most things some people can get used to it and others can't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement