Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absoloutly Disgusted

Options
  • 07-09-2013 7:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42

So got a letter today from you saying that I have been charged 26.04 for Banking transactions for three months. I have been with the Bank of Ireland for 15 years and never have I seen such ridicolous fees. That equals 100 roughly a year! When was I informed about the price increases?

These funds are due to be taken out of my account on the 20th September but I have allready cleared my account so you will not be getting the money. It is a complete lack of Business Acumen and you are charging your customers for the mistakes that idiots in your management team made regarding giving every Tom, Dick and Harry loans during the Boom. A number of family members and friends have allready closed their accounts and more continue to do so. For some reason this is the first letter I have seem to got about the fees and I will checking my statements for the last year to ensure you have not stolen any more money off me. I will be setting up an account with a new bank on Monday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Kagawa10, 

Thanks for your post. 

We're sorry to lose you as a customer. 

We've recently introduced a new fee structure that makes transactions made on self-service options such as online, telephone and ATM, cheaper however the letter you received was for the old fee structure which has been in place for a number of years now. 

If your account was recently changed for example from Graduate to Personal Current Account, fees and charges that were not previously applicable would apply. 

Should you need to discuss this or any fees and charges on your account for any period, please call your branch. Branch contact numbers can be found here

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement