Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity rates

Options
  • 07-09-2013 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

Is electric cheaper to use between midnight and 6 am?? Or do you need a different meter for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Only cheaper if you have a dual tariff meter, how else would they know when you used it?

Which type of meter do you have?

https://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/domestic-customers/metering/read_meter_reading.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Only cheaper if you have a dual tariff meter, how else would they know when you used it?

Suppose ye!
    So me settin the immersion from 4-5 am was feckin pointless

If you were on a night rate meter the night rate would apply from 11pm to 8am GMT

https://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/downloads/ESB-Estimated-Meter-Reading.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

If you were on a night rate meter the night rate would apply from 11pm to 8am GMT

https://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/downloads/ESB-Estimated-Meter-Reading.pdf

Cheers thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 benbrown

Just to add to your post. We were recently thinking of getting the Pre-Pay meters in. I asked the question does the pre-pay power meter do dual tariff. They say it does. But then when we spoke to Electric Ireland they said they would have to change the dual tarriff back to a 24 hr regular one tariff meter. Anybody else find this?

• Advertisement

benbrown wrote: »
    Just to add to your post. We were recently thinking of getting the Pre-Pay meters in. I asked the question does the pre-pay power meter do dual tariff. They say it does. But then when we spoke to Electric Ireland they said they would have to change the dual tarriff back to a 24 hr regular one tariff meter. Anybody else find this?

You are aware that prepay will cost you over 130euro extra each year in standing charges?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 benbrown

In reply to brightspark I would just like to clarify. Are you talking about the normal Electric Ireland Standing Charges or the 0.36 cent a day that the Pre-Pay Power people take per day in meter rental?

benbrown wrote: »
    In reply to brightspark I would just like to clarify. Are you talking about the normal Electric Ireland Standing Charges or the 0.36 cent a day that the Pre-Pay Power people take per day in meter rental?

The 36cent a day works out at 130 Euro per year

Advertisement