Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka bolt shrouds

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I don't have one, and cannot really add to the thread but one question. Do they serve a function?

By that i mean are they purely for show/cosmetics or do they improve the strength, quality or performance of the bolt/rifle. I ask because i've seen one or two Tikka that have had this broken and not from being muled. Is the reason fro replacing both cosmetic and improved quality?

Cheers.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

I've read on the net over the factory plastic ones cracking but never seen it 1st hand, so would like to change it and also i like the look of the stainless one with a stainless action compared to the black plastic one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

ormondprop wrote: »
    I've read on the net over the factory plastic ones cracking but never seen it 1st hand,................
    I have. Twice i seen it happen and more than a few i've seen it in people's hands with a look of disgust on their face so might not be a bad thing to do from the start and avoid the hassle altogether.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭f100zardoz

On a little bit of a tangent but still Tikka related. I recently bought a used super varmint with a threaded barrel. Where I shoot there is no need for a silencer so I was thinking of getting a screw cap. Then I thought that I might as well get something that looks good as in a screw on flash hider/muzzle brake. Don't really like the clamp on type and screw on don't seem to be available {or at least I can't find them}. Anyone ever see any or will I have to get this custom made.

Advertisement