Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast problem

2»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Hopefully this of some use to someone. I got my Chromecast setup on and Eircom network no problem, but when I brought it to my house (UPC Horizon) there were a few things I needed to do.

I think I changed the wireless channel. Here's my setup anyways:
    293211.jpg

I updated my advanced options and ticked UPnP.

My Wireless security settings are
    WPA-Personnal
    WPA2
    TKIP/AES

I also found the Viber didnt send/receive images on my UPC broadband, so I had to open up TCP ports 5242 to 4244 and UDP ports 5243 to 9785. (unrelated to Chromecast I know)

Ive chromecast working on UPC horizon so if anyone wants any more info just shout. I think thats all I changed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 rob.ob

I got it working in the end. Turns out I needed to change my SSID. It's not just spaces it doesn't accept, but numbers. Changed it to a simple string of letters and worked fine.

It then stopped working for a bit, but then I switched my channel from auto to 10 and worked again, as it doesn't support channels outside the American range (1-12 I think).

I also had to enable multicast on the router, if anyone hasn't done that (but I honestly don't know if that made a difference, but as far as I'm aware it probably shouldn't work without that).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Merqury

Beezkneez! wrote: »
    HI, just looking for some help.
    I managed to get a chromecast from a family member coming back from the states. However am having difficulty connecting it to the wireless network in my house - through eircom.
    Has anyone set this up with the normal zxyel modem from eircom with any issues?

Thansk!
    I have been able to set up Chromecast via eircom wifi - using my ipad. I am now running a movie using Netflix. BIG PROBLEM though . On the TV screen are intermittent and frequent ( every few seconds) white/fuzz flashes. Some of these last up to 10 seconds.

Is it possible to uninstall Chromecast and start again. Has anybody successfully installed chromecast via Eirecom?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 manageit

I have the horizon box and I got Chromecast about a week ago, everything set up fine and the device worked fine.

Lately what has been happening is that Chomecast is set and working but my wifi wont connect. So I can cast to the TV but I cannot use the wifi on my tablet, it won't connect. There is a connection to Chromecast on my wifi listing but no connection to the horizon box.

When I unplug the Chromecast and reset the Horizon box my wifi is back.

Any ideas

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I can pick up the Chromecast no problem using both my Horizon WiFi and my WiFi Hotspot on my phone - but keep getting errors when I try to actually set up the device. Can't figure out what I'm supposed to do as I'm using two different networks, surely one should work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

rob.ob wrote: »
    I got it working in the end. Turns out I needed to change my SSID. It's not just spaces it doesn't accept, but numbers. Changed it to a simple string of letters and worked fine.

It then stopped working for a bit, but then I switched my channel from auto to 10 and worked again, as it doesn't support channels outside the American range (1-12 I think).

I also had to enable multicast on the router, if anyone hasn't done that (but I honestly don't know if that made a difference, but as far as I'm aware it probably shouldn't work without that).

Hey was wondering could you let me know how to enable the multicast on the horizon box?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 rob.ob

Aidodub87 wrote: »
    Hey was wondering could you let me know how to enable the multicast on the horizon box?

I'd really like to, but I've just moved and don't have UPC anymore :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Im getting an error at the very start of the process, i try to install chromecast setup.exe, it says "cannot connect to chromecastXXXXXXXX".
    I cant even connect to the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

Guys,
    I'm in the same boat, but it's my Vodafone Mobile Broadband wifi network that my Chromecast won't connect to. It seems to find the wifi signal grand, but it just won't connect.
    I can connect it to my phone (Tesco mobile) and cast no problem, but it's really the Vodafone network that I want to use!
    Has anyone experienced problems with Vodafone before, and if so would you have any advice for a complete noob on how to solve the problem?
    Cheers,
    HSB

Advertisement