Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting Driving licence back

• 07-09-2013 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

I'm currently on a 3 year ban. I'm not going to apply for my licence back early, so when my 3 years are up how will i get it back?

In the post?
    Collect it at courthouse? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The bit in bold is for you.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/motoring_1/driving_offences/driving_offences.html

How to apply

If you have been convicted of motoring offences and disqualified from driving in a District Court, you can appeal the disqualification to the Circuit Court. You must lodge an appeal within 14 days of your conviction. If you wish to represent yourself, the court clerk in your local District Court will help you complete the necessary forms. Alternatively, your solicitor can assist you.

If you have been disqualified from driving and wish to apply to the courts for an early restoration of your licence, you may do so in person or through a solicitor following payment of the appropriate fee. You may apply for the early restoration of your driving licence when half your disqualification period is over. However, you cannot apply for an early restoration where the disqualification is for two years or less. The court can reduce the period of disqualification to two-thirds the original period of disqualification.

The court clerk of your District and Circuit Court will tell you about the court venues and dates.

Your local Motor Tax Office holds your driving licence while you are disqualified. To get your driving licence back when your period of disqualification expires, contact your local Motor Tax Office.

You can apply for a copy of your driving licence record under the Data Protection Acts to the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport. You must include a fee of €6.

Advertisement