Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

just sat on remote..I have 'on demand'...

• 07-09-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Didn't even know I had it..thanks for letting me know Upc!
    All I seem to be able to access is rte player though, it's saying I need to 'upgrade' to watch TV box sets etc.
    Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

The fact that they have on demand is on every single Poster, circular, advert and marketing anything, Its constantly displayed on the info channel, there's even a channel called On demand which displays links into the different on demand sections, numerous TV ads, there is a button for it on the remote itself, several channels have a red button link to it in the corner every time you change to those channels, that ALL completely passed you by??

That said on The basic package you can view 3 player, tg4 and RTE content. you need at least select for the majority of it including box-sets. Anyone can rent movies.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Its not available in all areas, or to people who have MMDS, or to people who still have NTL or Chorus equipment (although the latter can request a swap for a UPC STB).

Yeah Digital Basic (which is apparently no longer being marketed, at least on the website) customers can't access box sets - you need to have at least Select.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

The fact that they have on demand is on every single Poster, circular, advert and marketing anything, Its constantly displayed on the info channel, there's even a channel called On demand which displays links into the different on demand sections, numerous TV ads, there is a button for it on the remote itself, several channels have a red button link to it in the corner every time you change to those channels, that ALL completely passed you by??

That said on The basic package you can view 3 player, tg4 and RTE content. you need at least select for the majority of it including box-sets. Anyone can rent movies.

I was told by Upc, when deciding whether or not to renew my contract and stay with them, that it wouldn't be available in my area until at least 2014. I have since spoken to them twice to try and understand why they have such an aggressive advertising campaign, when i can't avail of this service.
    I find it baffling that I have to accidentally sit on the remote to find out I do actually have the service which then doesn't work properly...hence my post here....but cheers for so kindly and so thoroughly stating the obvious. It was most helpful.

I can't rent movies on mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

icdg wrote: »
    Its not available in all areas, or to people who have MMDS, or to people who still have NTL or Chorus equipment (although the latter can request a swap for a UPC STB).

Yeah Digital Basic (which is apparently no longer being marketed, at least on the website) customers can't access box sets - you need to have at least Select.

Value Pack has been put back up on their site http://www.upc.ie/television/ €28.50 p/m

Although you're not guaranteed a HD box, as the 4 HD channels aren't included

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Value Pack has been put back up on their site http://www.upc.ie/television/ €28.50 p/m

Although you're not guaranteed a HD box, as the 4 HD channels aren't included

As I understand it, if you *do* get a HD box (not guarenteed, as you say) you will get the four HD channels (RTÉ Two, TG4, BBC One, and BBC Two) though, even on Digital Value.

• Advertisement
Advertisement