Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found ginger cat today

• 07-09-2013 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all just need a bit of info on what to do... This cat has being at my door for a few hours its defo a house cat real friendly only about 1 I say... Its gettin late now and its purring outside.Tryin to figure out wat to do.. I rang the dspca but it says only Monday to Friday so I might have to wait till Monday till I talk to them but I have it in the porch now so I'm wondering do I leave the porch open or closed for the night

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'd leave the porch door open a bit for it if possible. Don't feed him tonight anyway in case he belongs to a neighbour. If he's got shelter and he's still there in the morning you can feed him and check if he belongs to one of your neighbours. It can be hard to tell if they're a neighbours or lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

Thanks for your reply... i had the porch door closed but as soon as i opened it he went so hopefully hes not lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Hopefully he found his way home. One of my cats visits some of our neighbours, I'm not even sure of exactly which ones. We found out last year that he was going 6 doors away and being fed sausages and mash:rolleyes:. Every time we take him to the vet we get a lecture from the vet about him being over weight and suggesting that we put him on diet food.

That would be fine if A He was an indoor only cat and couldn't get fed elsewhere and B We didn't have 2 soon to be 3 other cats:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

Sausages and Mash, the little ganit, they sure know how to beg. :) I have a suspicion that one of mine is also getting fed elsewhere, past year she has put on loads of weight and I have been monitoring her eating. I would get a tag to say "please don't feed me" if she would keep one on. Collars and this cat don't seem to agree.

@Man on Fire - was your little visitor there this morning?

yep she was back today... she is one brave little the cat... the problem we have is i have a boxer and a bichon frise and they are mad to get the cat... she came around the back this afternoon and i think the dogs might have scared her away.. if she comes back tomoro should i bring her to the dspca or what should i do.. she really is such a cute cat

• Advertisement

If you can, try and get a good picture of her (you sure she is a she as most ginger are males), put a pic up on <snip> facebook page. There are also other facebook pages you could put pics on including the lost & found page on this site. You sound like you love your animals, try to help this one get home. Fair play for caring.

Yea im actually not sure if its male or female... yea il do that tomoro morning. would the <snip> be any help

Best to get the pics out there as soon as possible, if the owner is looking, well if it was one of mine I would be scouring the facebook pages trying to find mine hoping that someone put up a pic and details of the area where found.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Folks, can I remind you that naming individual rescues is not allowed. If you want to recommend rescues, please do so by PM.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

There's a couple of lost and found pets websites you could try - if you could get it to a vet they could scan for a microchip.

Do you have any new-ish neighbours in the area - it could be a new cat that's just moved in and is finding its way around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement