Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing subjects?

• 07-09-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Doing the big LC in 2014 and keep thinking that maybe picking Ag Science was a bad idea. Looking for around 500ish points, which will be very difficult but I think it's achievable if I put in enough study! :rolleyes: At the moment, thinking about taking up Biology and dropping Ag Science, as I feel it might be easier to get a higher grade in Bio. This is probably a crazy decision to even think about but just wondering could anyone help me on the situation? Or if anyone has any tips for Ag Science, that would be great. Thanks to anyone, in advance. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Biology is a huge course. I wouldn't recommend attempting to cover it in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dmac16

Hmmm, was thinking that may be the answer. Thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 indecisive18

Biology and Ag science tend to overlap in places, but if you have a good project for Ag, it makes all the difference. its a big decision to change at this point though. I'd say you're better sticking with ag science in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dmac16

Wishing I did Biology from the start now instead of Ag :( I'll just have to get on with it now, can't go back in time haha. Thanks for the help! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭GrezzC

Covering Biology effectively is very doable in a year, it's work but it's certainly one of the more manageable subjects to pick up. It's big but it all relates to how you process and retain information and what your aptitudes are. If you're someone who has no trouble learning off terminology and ordered mechanisms then by all means, go for it. The experiments are very very handy to learn and constitute some decent questions in the second section. Don't let the extra time required in Biology hurt your other studies either, it will be additional if you decide to do it. If you're someone who works better in a subject that's all about understanding something and applying it to questions with variables (maths, some chemistry, physics) then I wouldn't recommend it. Particularly if you think you can get top marks in the Ag Science project. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement