Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online consumables

• 07-09-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

What do you get and where? Is it worthwhile to bulk-buy, say, chain lube and the like?

I'm looking for a chain and sprocket set for the Mille and I'm going to buy a riveter this time for posterity.

I do like to keep the business local but there's a difference between new tyres vs a €9 can of chain lube for example.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I don't think you can buy oil from abroad, it's classed as a dangerous substance for normal shipping purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Cienciano wrote: »
    I don't think you can buy oil from abroad, it's classed as a dangerous substance for normal shipping purposes.
    I got oils and lubes from Louis no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I buy a few of the bits i needed from motorcycleshop.ie.
    Never had any hassle and tis free devilery when ya spend 50 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I recommend huntermotorcycles on ebay.....never had a problem and uber fast delivery. You can get some very good prices on oils over here so I doubt you would be saving much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Micks garage are selling Elf motorcycle semi synth oil for what looks like a decent price roughly 27 euro for 5 litres - I bought this last week - it's free delivery if you spend over 25 quid and it was delivered in two days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What about the other things- pads, chains/ sprockets, filters etc. I've never found oil to be a deal breaker on its own and if I could get all the other bits online, I'd happily buy oil locally.

Is there anywhere you can buy most or all of your kit for a service? For example, wemoto seem to be able to supply most of the stuff under one roof (including the riveter I need) but they're far from the cheapest you'd see online.

This is home-servicing 101 for me, btw! I'm able for most things but I've always preferred to get my stamps for the records. That's gone by the wayside with the Mille...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

motorcycleshop.ie for me. Can get in contact with them, and ask them to do up a service kit for you, specifying what you need. The free postage is very good - cheap for oil too imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

cantdecide wrote: »
    Is there anywhere you can buy most or all of your kit for a service? For example, wemoto seem to be able to supply most of the stuff under one roof (including the riveter I need) but they're far from the cheapest you'd see online.

+1 for motorcycleshop.ie, they have the section for service kits as well:
    Service Kit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

You could try Crossans in Armagh. www.thevisorshop.com
    Sterling is good at the moment. They deliver free anywhere in the country for orders over €50. Very helpful on the phone.
    This week I got a DID X-Ring chain and sprockets for my Bandit for £110
    as well as a set of Tyres (BT021) for £169.
    Got them fitted for €20 at the local tyre centre. Works out around €370 for the lot. I'll fit the chain myself.
    Local bike dealer quoted €513 for the same including fitting the chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

BitzforBikes

~€100-€120 for D.I.D Chain and Sprocket Set

Relatively cheaper than most places from what I can see.

Think delivery will take about a week tho as it's coming from the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Wemoto for me...

http://www.wemoto.com/

Advertisement