Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels in Bristol for GAMSAT

• 07-09-2013 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Any one done the exam in Bristol before and know where the best place is to stay? Was thinking of just staying in the actual hotel the exam is held in for comfort, does any one have any ideas?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 concerted

Hey I'm actually doing the exam there myself as well in 3 days. I've booked the Thistle hotel, that's were the exam will be held. Isn't cheap though at £110 but fairly handy not having to leave the building just take the stairs. Get another 20 mins sleep in while you can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wehec

Stayed in the Thistle, can't complain couldn't have been easier and more peaceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ballet17

Hey guys, I know its been a while since anyone posted in this thread but I'm hoping to do the gamsat uk in September and deciding where to do it and stay. I know London but with the amount of people sitting it there, am considering Bristol. I'm just wondering how many people roughly did it there last year? Did ye find the place ok? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lub

I was in the same position as you last year and didn't do well enough in March so I kept studying and went over to the exam in Bristol. I'm so delighted I did because I improved my score enough to get my first choice this year.

I flew over with Ryanair the day before, walked out the doors of the airport and the bus that goes in to town was right there waiting. I wasn't sure where to go so the bus driver pointed me to the Thistle which is up a narrow street through the old city arch or something. If you're heading the right way you won't miss it. My room was tiny with just a single bed (more of a broom closet really!) but it was comfortable for the night. There was no stress the morning of the exam, and I was able to store my suitcase and handbag safely behind the front desk. There are a few different exam rooms in the hotel and none of them are overly huge.

Bristol is also a really nice city! I intend to go back someday for non-GAMSAT reasons. :P

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

I stayed in the Novotel in Bristol. It was cheaper than the Thistle and easy to get to.

The 10 minute walk to the Thistle in the morning was handy to clear the head and I was happy to be away from other GAMSATters and switch off.

Huge number of Irish people were sitting it there, it's a popular choice as it's so easy to get to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ballet17

Thanks so much Lub and pc11, that's great to know. I think I might go with Bristol because exactly, it's easy and handy to get to (providing there's places and that...). I know London well but also know the hassle with various trains and tubes etc so the less hassle to be thinking of the better, thanks so much again for the info! Well done on getting the results too, hoping to improve my science without letting the other 2 sections drop too! Yikes, fingers crossed anyway :)

Advertisement