Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

french with music

Options
  • 07-09-2013 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi. I'm looking into the ba joint honiurs degree, hoping to major in french and music. I've been reading through ucd websites, brochures and on here n I'm still confused. There are several things I'm wondering about. Firstly, I read somewhere that one certain subject could have seven different modules that are complusory to take. Does this mean seven hours a week n secen different topics of that subject I'd have to study? Secondly, I read here that for an arts degree you do around 15 hours a week in tutorials and lectures. How much would this be reduced if you were a part time student? N if you studied more subjects in first year, would it mean more hours!? Just thinking now obviously it would but would still like to hear feedback. Ive a child and would be looking at creche fees. Oh yeah, reading the fees page, it says that its €482 per module. If I was to go with french n music, would anyone know how many modules I'd be likely to take? I emailed the office, n he said part time students are required to take a min of twenty credits. Is the French and music themselves creditable or is it the individual modules (say French cinema) that would be creditable? I know it's a lot of questions but I'm really interested in this, I think it would be great to hear from students of all ages doing an arts degree. I'd be paying for all this myself so I'd like to start saving now if I think it's possible. I'm going to the open day too so I can talk to people in person. But the ucd bug has attached itself to me n I really want to be a part of it. Btw, jyst some additional info. I already have a 2.2 honours degree n would be entering as a mature student. Sorry for the length and thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

Advertisement