Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jersey framing

• 07-09-2013 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Folks., need to get a jersey framed as a present, can anyone recommend someone in the city? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I know Whelans Cameras on O'Connell street frames jerseys. I'd imagine Thomas Street Framing (Below Carlton coffee) would do it too. No experience of either i am afraid but it won't be cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

cottager83 wrote: »
    Folks., need to get a jersey framed as a present, can anyone recommend someone in the city? Cheers!

As above, it does cost a bit. I've three hanging downstairs. 2 of which I did myself. Now, I'm a designer so 'handy' at DIY... I basically bought a standard large frame (bout 35/40 quid, some pins in hickeys, got a sheet of hard card to wrap the jersey round and pin to... But the only tricky part is making the frame 'deeper' to house the jersey.

Remove the backing, add a frame of inch thick wood all round (I taped mine with black duct tape to match the black outer frame) insert jersey and staple the backing on.

Like I said, I've a few tools, screws, tapes and paints which meant the additional work costed about a tenner. So I haven't spent over 50 quid on each one. Which reminds me, I've a canvas print to stretch and frame today as a pressie.

I hear that a professional framed jersey job can cost over 200 euro.

Madness in my opinion.

My mates dad, Kevin cummins has a framing place on post office lane (near GPO). There's a guy in castletroy shopping centre too I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

DBIreland wrote: »
    Thomas Street Framing (Below Carlton coffee) .

My sister got a jersey done in a frame in there for her boyfriend now although it was 150e you would know it was done professional great job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Go to the framing place on top of Denmark street, Mark is very at framing jerseys.

Advertisement