Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to take up crew in college

• 08-09-2013 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Basically I've been thinking about it and am fairly sure I want to be apart of the rowing club in my college this year and really get in to it.
    I'd go to the gym regularly enough but am just wondering if anyone wants to recommend any exercises or any workouts?

Any specific ways to train on an erg aswell?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

Basically I've been thinking about it and am fairly sure I want to be apart of the rowing club in my college this year and really get in to it.
    I'd go to the gym regularly enough but am just wondering if anyone wants to recommend any exercises or any workouts?

Any specific ways to train on an erg aswell?

Thanks!

best thing is to join the club this season. if you havent started back yet, and depending on fitness levels, id recommend running...cant beat it for fitness and endurance. lots of circuits and weight workouts, but best to start those with the club. if youre able to run 10ks a couple of times a week, you will be better than most beginners

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Running.. yea i was thinking that alright its just I'm not the biggest fan but I'll definitely include it from now on!

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭theGEM

Early season training will consist of long erg sessions (40 - 60+mins), heavy weights and water sessions. Our week consisted of the following:
    • Monday - Light workout/Off
    • Tuesday - Heavy Weights & Erg in morning & water session after college
    • Wednesday - Full club run & circuit training
    • Thursday - Heavy Weights & Erg in morning & water session after college
    • Friday - Ergo
    • Saturday - Double Water Session
    • Sunday - Double Water Session

All erg training was done by heartrate.

Head races (5,000m) take place between Jan & March. Then there is shorter sprint races (2,000m) for the later half of the season April to July. The main targets for universities is Uni Champs (April), Henley(1st week July) & Irish Champs(2nd week July).

Good luck - best thing you can do in Uni!!

Advertisement