Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre - wired and wireless devices

• 08-09-2013 8:05am

I've been directed here from this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057034542

Basically I'm having trouble connecting from wireless devices to wired devices (and vice versa) across my home network. Previously the problem was intermittent and resolved itself after a few hours. This time it's been on the blink since yesterday morning.

Don't know if it's noteworthy but yesterday morning I did install a Windows Update and Avast sneaked some firewall crap onto my laptop during an update. Can't see why this would affect the ability of my Android phone to connect to my wired Intel NUC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CWest

Me too... And unfortunately I've made little progress.

1. All devices can ping the router
    2. All devices can access the internet
    3. All devices are on same subnet (192.168.1.x)
    4. Wired devices can ping other wired devices; but CANNOT ping Wireless devices
    5. Wireless devices can ping other Wireless devices; but CANNOT ping Wired devices
    6. Switching a device from a wired connection to wireless connection results in it changing its behaviour in line with 4. and 5.!!
    7. Router device reset (to factory defaults) does not address issue

Devices are:
    Wired - Raspberry Pi; Wired or wireless - Win 8 PC; Win 7 netbook; Wireless- iPhone; Nokia symbian; Samsung smart TV; Philips UPnP audio players x 2

I got a new F1000 router during the week - all worked perfectly for 2 days until I added a new wireless device and same behaviour returned. I saved the router configuration when it was working but restoring it does not solve the problem.

Internal wired-wireless switching works perfectly when I dust down and use my old ADSL router (except of course I get no access to the Internet). Also the F1000 behaved as I wanted when I only had 1 wired device (RaspberryPi) and others were wireless [returning to this now doesn't work].

I've been trawling the web for vaguely similar symptoms - which prompted a few items but none worked for me...
    a) disable IGMP proxy
    b) (Norton) firewall issues

Sorry I can't offer a solution - will post if I resolve of course. But you are not alone.
    Workarounds could involve the use of 2 items of network kit (using the F1000 to connect to the internet only) - but that doesn't really identify the issue.
    (my head is wrecked from bashing it off the wall!!!).

Good luck

Cheers mate...I thought Eircom had singled me out! Hopefully someone will come along and save us! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Thanks for that! :) If I could thank you twice I would. Worked immediately. When did this "update" happen then? Would have been nice to have been notified. I spent all day yesterday ****ing about trying to find out what I had damaged. Also wasted the time of the guys in the OpenElec IRC channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CWest

Fantastic - this sorted me out too.

I had some problems keeping my Internet connection available from my wired devices. In my case turning OFF all the QoS - "Class Setups" did the trick and gives me all I need. I made no change to the Queue Setups.

All working well now - also made me aware that the router firmware/settings are changed without notice by Eircom. I had assumed no change to these unless they were user initiated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Paul74910

Hi
    My Dad has extremely bad efibre in Longford.
    If I pm the details can you sort it out for him.
    Technical support tell me its ok but its very bad random speeds day or night.
    They signed up for 50mb. They are getting 40mb wired and 6mb wireless sometimes 22mb wireless.
    There is nothing to interfere with signal.
    They are extremely dissatisfied naturally enough.
    Technical support have not been of any assistance to date
    Thanks

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭MrGarak

Thanks for that! :) If I could thank you twice I would. Worked immediately. When did this "update" happen then? Would have been nice to have been notified. I spent all day yesterday ****ing about trying to find out what I had damaged. Also wasted the time of the guys in the OpenElec IRC channel.
    Unreal! Spent this evening and yesterday evening wondering why my OpenELEC box couldn't find my SMB/NFS share, then I realised I couldn't access my NAS from any wireless device!

I had removed my entire XBMC video database and was about to do a factory reset on the NAS, of course it had to be the dodgy new Eircom router!

Thanks again all.

Advertisement