Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank screen when using new graphics card

Options
  • 08-09-2013 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello to everyone reading this and thanks for taking the time to help me out

I recently bought my cousin an old lenovo m58p to modify into a budget gaming pc , now first of all this motherboard was a form factor ive never seen before as it was made to fit into the small form factor desktop , but i managed to modify a brand new mid tower gaming case to fit into , i had also bought a 500w ocz power supply (brand new ) and an asus eah5830 1gb ddr5 direcT cu2, now the problem is that the asus card wont work with the pc , i plug it in ,switch from integrated graphics to pcie graphics in the bios and then restart the pc and plug the dvi cable into the asus card , buy all i get is a blank screen , it does not give any signal to the monitor , and smetimes when i do this i get a beeping code, it beeps 3 times and then beep twice and repeats the beeps once more , i can verify that the graphics card and psu work as im use them in my rig for testing purposes , but my cousins pc only works off of the integrated mobo graphics and i cant remember exactly but i think i got his pc to work with a low endgraphucs card that doesnt require external power, any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Thats a power hungry card, do you have the power connectors from the PSU connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 vchircu

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Thats a power hungry card, do you have the power connectors from the PSU connected?

Yes i have both the 8pin and 6pin pcie power connectors connected , as i have said , i put my cousins psu and his card in my pc and it works perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dohcom

Is there a normal vga connector port on the card to try

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

I would presume that his BIOS is incompatible in some whay with your GPU. Can you find the model of the board and look for a BIOS update. If you tried the PSU and card in another machine and they work then thats a good thing - rules out a fault with either.

Also, what gen PCIe is on the board? Does the GPU have a PCIe gen requirement? 1.1, 2.0, 2.1 etc?

Advertisement